Greatest prey?

HeMightbeGiant

I'm trying to decide what is greater prey for the Yautja....humans or alien xenomorphs.

If I remember correctly in the books, it was humans who were considered the greatest prey because they could think and shoot back.
It was also stated that it was against Yautja laws to hunt humans until you were blooded. (Something that irritated me about the AVP movie when those younglings kill the human guards before they were blooded)

But in AVP (the movie) when that Italian dude is reading the hieroglyphs, he says humans were used to create the "ultimate prey".
And in the AVP game for X-box 360 (just picked it up), the Yautja Elders in the game call the Xenomorphs (serpents) their most worthy foes.

So which is it? Humans or Xenos?

Personally, I think Xenos are far more dangerous, and greater prey then humans.

I think it would be a toss up, since the aliens can attack as singles, or in packs or on mass and flood an area with their bodies. according to the books they do not think the queen thinks for them in some special ESP way, they have a hard outer layer and acidic blood. On the other hand we can think and move, attack as singles or in packs to great effect with some training of course and some common sense. we also have the ability to adapt to environments and situations but so can the aliens to an extent with situations if a queen is there I would assume. but we can also use pred weapons against them if we get our hands in them. And given enough time maybe reverse engineer the pred stuff and adapt it better for our uses.

I would say Humans. Xenos don’t exist in the Predator universe. :( According to the original screen play, from which the predator is derived, the predator saw Humans as an evolutionary rival. Even thou from separate planets, the evolutionary paths men and predators took were similar.

From Predator A novel by Paul Monette Based on the original screen play:
“….exactly the creature the predator sought, the challenge worthy of his own vast skill, a kindred spirit and a reason to exist.”

There was noting like the hunting of a man. Men are deceptive, cunning, deadly, intelligent, unpredictable. I would say that Xenos are definitely deadly, but buy virtue of their physical capabilities alone. A man takes it to the next level. Armed with capable weapons, his cunning, training and killer instinct, A man makes one hell of a force to be reckoned with.

I could be wrong, but I got the impression from the screen play novel, that there was NOTHING in the universe like men- especially commandos. Predators love Commandos.

Also in the screen play, there is nothing written alluding to the predator having had hunted on any planet besides earth. There was a brief mention of things ‘dying’ on the home world but nothing about other planets.

I tend to stay as far away from the contradicting books and comics as I can. They are nothing but bastardizations, results and consequences from FOX pimping ( or “allowing for the exploitation of”..as Fox puts it) the Predator out to whoever has the money for licensing.
~Estelle

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. You will meet them doing various things with resolve, but their interest rarely holds because after the other thing ordinary life is as flat as the taste of wine when the taste buds have been burned off your tongue." (from 'On the Blue Water' in Esquire, April 1936) Ernest hemingway

I believe the ultimate prey for Yautja would be other Yautja, since we were introduced to the Super Black Predators, who hunt other Yautja.

but supposedly it is against the yatuja code to kill another yatuja super pred or not i would assume. in saying that wouldn't it be the super black going after and attacking the regular yatuja and they would be in defence and kill only because they had too, if they could since the super black have the same tech if not upgraded and are bigger and faster. not saying a regular yatuja have not attacked something that is bigger and faster just saying that they may not go after another of their kind super black or not if it is against their code. but does not the arbritrator come into this somewhere or an elder? lol oops i quoted the wrong box

but supposedly it is against the yatuja code to kill another yatuja super pred or not i would assume. in saying that wouldn't it be the super black going after and attacking the regular yatuja and they would be in defence and kill only because they had too, if they could since the super black have the same tech if not upgraded and are bigger and faster. not saying a regular yatuja have not attacked something that is bigger and faster just saying that they may not go after another of their kind super black or not if it is against their code. but does not the arbritrator come into this somewhere or an elder? lol oops i quoted the wrong box

nah, you quoted the right one. but then again, Super Blacks were just introduced and there are so many theories as of their culture. despite them being a pred "sub-species" or "alpha-species", future films, graphic novels, or books will greatly expand knowledge of these uglier mofos. and judging just from how easily angered and over confident Tracker and Berserker got, I'm guessing their level of punishment of failure and "death before dishonor" would be more severe than the regular Predators.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back