Great Race -Hannible Twin Eight

mr.predicta

here are a few up dated shots of the Vehicle seen in the 60's movie the great race.
I managed to find a few 1/16th scale photo etched wire wheels that really enhance the look of the car .I plan on having the railing around the rear of the FATE car photo etched as well.I have most of the art work finished for decals as well but still need to size everything to fit.

Please if you want questions answered about the possibility of kits PM me I do not wish to have this thread moved to the junk yard this is posted only to show its progress and answer questions about its fabrication.this pattern is in no way ready to be offered at this time.
Thanks.
Mike L Scott

I always liked that movie- Jack lemmon was very funny.---now you need the Leslie Special

I have that Leslie Special started but when the H8 started to come together I kind of gave it a pass ,lets face it the FATE car is soooo much cooler. :love
additional photos of these and other projects can be found at fatemodelworks.com
Thanks for the feedback. MSL

Bravo...

It's about time someone did this one...

Just make sure the engine doesn't fall out...

Rise and Shine?.?

Originally posted by mr.predicta@Dec 30 2005, 04:49 PM
Here is a shot of the Leslie Special or as far as I have Patterned it.
The front fenders are a Beyootch dude. :confused
[snapback]1147044[/snapback]​

I seem to think the Leslie was amost absurdly stretched long.

All,
If you don't have the latest DVD release get it (may have been the only release - that and The Wind & the Lion seemed to take forever to come out). The DVD was mastered in HD and is great.

Tim

Excellent work. I LOVE the Hannibal Eight. I was lucky, a couple of years ago, to see it in a "Cars of the Stars" exhibit at the Petersen Automotive Museum, here in Los Angeles. It was immaculate. The inspiration for Dick Dastardly's Triple Zero :)

Barry

Wow. I didn't know that there was an interest in The Great Race.
My brother-in-law used to own the pieces to assemble both cars ant the interior set from the sub, I haven' talked to him in a few years but last I heard he sold most of the stuff to a fellow in San Diego

Originally posted by Nobody@Dec 30 2005, 06:33 PM
Wow. I didn't know that there was an interest in The Great Race.
My brother-in-law used to own the pieces to assemble both cars ant the interior set from the sub, I haven' talked to him in a few years but last I heard he sold most of the stuff to a fellow in San Diego
[snapback]1147164[/snapback]​

WoW. you never know who will chime in on this site.
I would love to get a few pix from that guy.
So your brother in law had pieces of both cars? were they reproductions?I had thought all 10 cars were completely assembled turn keys....why were they taken apart?
I managed to see both cars in 02 when on display at the MGM park in Florada but my camera was not able to get any decent pix because of the low light levels, no tripod and before I had a digital camera it would have been great to grab all the decal reference there instead of doing it from scratch in photoshop.
thanks for the input
please let me know if there is a chance of seeing any photos in the future.
MSL

I managed to see both cars in 02 when on display at the MGM park in Florada but my camera was not able to get any decent pix because of the low light levels, no tripod and before I had a digital camera it would have been great to grab all the decal reference there instead of doing it from scratch in photoshop.
thanks for the input
please let me know if there is a chance of seeing any photos in the future.
MSL

I have pictures from the MGM showing and a bunch from around the net. I'll try to send them to you. What address would you like them at?

Here's the DVD cover with the Leslie. I guess the front add ons and the back trunk and cage artificially make it look extra stretched. And back on topic, the Hannibal is amazing.

No they weren't repops, I think that they were off of the static vehicles that the used for the close up driving shots(like blue screen or whatever they did then). There is not much chance of me getting any pictures, my sister divorced him a couple of years ago, Sorry.

Thanks everybody for the feedback.
If its possible to see the blue prints That would be great.
I found most of the info from the web,an old article about the production featuring the building of the "fantasy vehicles" for the up coming novie ,and people like you guys sending reference shots every now and then.
Thanks.
MSL

I was just thinking about this movie the other day. It's been way too long since I've seen it. Like..... 2 years.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back