Greased Lightning (Grease) & Lord Humungus (Mad Max 2) 1:1 scale replicas + more

Mad Max Cars

Hey everyone! Here is a proud moment for us. 2 of our recent builds are in a Museum in Kansas (Decades of Wheels in Baxter Springs right on Rt 66). This video shows the cars up close and in detail, and has some great drone footage of them. The red "dream sequence" Greased Lightning car from Grease, as well and the main bad guy vehicle from Mad Max 2 (the Roadwarrior) the Lord Humungus's rig. We shot this right before we shipped them out. I hope you all get a kick out of it.

as a kid our neighbor used to scratch build bikes in the garage and sometimes custom car parts and do paint work for Barris. It was a different world back in the 70's, I used to hop in the back of his custom trike for the trip from the South Bay to NoHo, feet dangling out the back while staring at the sky, and help him prep sometimes masking off parts and such and steel wool metal parts and chrome. Not much to say because its been so many years but I helped him mask off some of the Greased Lightening car. He took me to set a couple times to watch filming but think it was his own outing and not a crew thing. When Grease 2 was filming around the corner of our house at the Hawthorne Bowl we went to see if any cars were there, nothing. We had no idea at the time it was a sequel only by name.

as a kid our neighbor used to scratch build bikes in the garage and sometimes custom car parts and do paint work for Barris. It was a different world back in the 70's, I used to hop in the back of his custom trike for the trip from the South Bay to NoHo, feet dangling out the back while staring at the sky, and help him prep sometimes masking off parts and such and steel wool metal parts and chrome. Not much to say because its been so many years but I helped him mask off some of the Greased Lightening car. He took me to set a couple times to watch filming but think it was his own outing and not a crew thing. When Grease 2 was filming around the corner of our house at the Hawthorne Bowl we went to see if any cars were there, nothing. We had no idea at the time it was a sequel only by name.
Man, that is awesome! Thanks for sharing that story. What a connection to history!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back