Gravity Falls <> W-H-A-T Weathervane

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
IMG_0509.JPG Screen cap

I briefly thought of doing a full size weathervane, but I don't have the room.

I chose a small desktop version in steel from Shapeways for that Rustic look.

I love the W-H-A-T ? instead of the N-S-E-W.

Last edited:
Re: Gravity Falls -------- W-H-A-T Weathervane

Yep. The steel turned out good and was relatively cheap.

It's actually less noticeably textured in real life, I just got a picture showing the grittiness.

haha I've been planning on doing custom figures of some of the Gravity Falls characters. I appreciate this post lol

Very cool! Love that show. I keep thinking about doing Stan's cane.

haha I've been planning on doing custom figures of some of the Gravity Falls characters. I appreciate this post lol

Wow, that would be cool. I have some 3D modeling skills, but people are difficult. I can print 3D STL files in color plastic at Shapeways. I'm on their pilot program.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool! Love that show. I keep thinking about doing Stan's cane.

Yep. The cane is cool. I did that one in another thread. I still haven't found the time to finish my "Book #3" yet though.

Nice Jintosh, I do some modeling too but I also own a MakerBot Replicator 5th gen. Haha I've been working on some fun projects lately too. Mostly Destiny based atm since I'm a big fan and the new expansion comes out next month

I think the letters are in the wrong order. If you look at the screenshots you'll see the question mark from below and if the letters are in a horizontal plane than the W and the T should be on the other sides.

Not criticizing, I just noticed it.

-R-

I think the letters are in the wrong order. If you look at the screenshots you'll see the question mark from below and if the letters are in a horizontal plane than the W and the T should be on the other sides.

Not criticizing, I just noticed it.

-R-

Oops. :p

I think so. I hadn't seen it the first time I read your post she I was looking around to see what gravity falls props where made but noticed it yesterday. This looks better

My original orientation was based on what I had first thought was looking DOWN on the vane.
After you pointed out the flaw, I realized my screen cap (post 1) was looking UP from the ground.
That changed the obvious orientations. The new orientation should be correct.
They skewed the perspective in the pic, that makes it hard to match up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back