Grail Diary Inserts: Sharing some, Requesting some

If that would exist, people would pay THOUSANDS of dollars for it! There was a set of photographs of all pages sold by the propstore and also this pictures set sold for a few thousand dollars. The pictures in the diary came from "source books" in many cases. On the Club Obi Wan forum, you can find info about these source books and also scans of these drawings. But what you are asking: a PDF of the original grail diary pages, does not exist.

If that would exist, people would pay THOUSANDS of dollars for it! There was a set of photographs of all pages sold by the propstore and also this pictures set sold for a few thousand dollars. The pictures in the diary came from "source books" in many cases. On the Club Obi Wan forum, you can find info about these source books and also scans of these drawings. But what you are asking: a PDF of the original grail diary pages, does not exist.
I Wish lol

I found these two newspaper articles on the Grail from 1910 and 1921 that I am making into newspaper clipping inserts that Henry Jones would have stuck into his diary. Enjoy!

Attachments

• grail newspaper story 2_ nla.news-article139919213.3.pdf
    293.7 KB · Views: 82
  • grail story newspaper article_ nla.news-article264076264.3.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Hi fellow prop makers like a lot of others i'm trying to find out the text of the grey letter Grail Diary insert you know the one TEL SLOANE 4003 ( in top left corner at an angle ) 51 CADOGAN PLACE S.W.1 ( top right corner ) dated May 2 1926 zen seeker and cow have got ideas including possible prop from the movie A PASSAGE TO INDIA but nothing 100% zen seeker got possible text translated but still some missing words anyone here found out more better info, i'm currently using this one downloaded from zen seeker but looks like some text missing and very hard to read whats there THANKS.

Attachments

• insert46a.JPG
    insert46a.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 63
  • insert46b.JPG
    insert46b.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 64
I also recently messed around with this using the zen seeker text and eventually just made up the missing sections/words. I did figure out one of the missing words down near the end of the second page is "people".
yes i'm going to do the same and make up the missing words unless others find a real clear copy with all text

I have done the same also:

Pascal Kurosawa (invented) said:
51, CADOGAN PLACE,
S.W.1.

My dearest Sally
It was very nice to get your letter
from Zanzibar yesterday. I had been trying
to hear, for never have I received any letter
giving your final plans! I am certain
one or two have been lost, for any latest
news from the last time your family and I
had ! Now as I explained in my letter her
visit to Capetown (which I hope she made)
I would not think yet to any other ports
because I had only first the name
(or another small possibility that this was the
name) of your ship! I think it was the
Lormda, we don't know if I caught
an early enough mail =
You must be by now deadly weary
from all of the strenuous conditions

mine is similar:

My dearest S.,

It was very nice to get your letter
from Zanzibar yesterday. I had been trying
to hear, for never have I received any letter
giving your final plans! I am certain
one or two have been lost, for any latest
news from last time you visited never I
had! Frita as I explained in my letter did
visit to Capetown (which I hope she enjoyed).
I would not think traveling to any other ports
because I had only first the name (or another

small possibility that this was the
name) of your ship! I think it

Lorinda, I’ve don't know if I caught
an early enough mail =
You must be by now deadly weary
from all of the strenuous conditions

Finally after more research i came up with this based the text on what others have came up with on here and on COW ect and replaced the missing words, with what i think makes sense and added a made up the last line plus sticking with the Passage to India theme i sign it Stella ( the daughter of Mrs Moore). The font i used for the handwriting is called DESYREL

Attachments

• insert46a.JPG
    insert46a.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 117
  • insert46b.JPG
    insert46b.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 112

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back