Graflex RotS saber?

seelsa73

Sr Member
Has anyone ever turned a graflex into a Revenge of the Sith style hilt? Either idk the right words to describe it in search or no one has posted about it before and a google search only turns up OT/ST saber results. I really want a RotS hilt but don't want to spend $400 on a force fx saber. I've seen the cards that fit into a graflex clamp and the tcss bunny ears, but I can't find ANYTHING else; not the gold eye, not the gold button, not the stumpyer grips, not the emitter insert, nothing. Any help would be fantastic!

There have been any number of ROTS-style Graflexes, over the years. Here's one example:

Graflex EP3 ( ROTS ) Saber

Dunno about the availability of parts, aside from the clamp card, but The Custom Saber Shop, KR Sabers, and Skywampa would be good places to start.

If it came down to it, all you'd really need to do is repaint the red button and glass eye, then add textured tape to the clamp (from WannaWanga) and a Covertec.

The thing is : the ROTS "graflex" is not a graflex, like the ones from the Original and newer trilogy. Only the style is similar.
You will see that the ROTS "graflex" is thinner than the "luke" graflex.

I believe ( needs confirmation) that the "graflex" from ROTS has been machined from scratch so parts fitting a graflex hilt will need to be customized. Even the glass eye would need extensive modification to get to a gold button.

I know that Etsy has good sellers ( Skywampa for example), and google image.

Interesting project though, good luck for your search !

The thing is : the ROTS "graflex" is not a graflex, like the ones from the Original and newer trilogy. Only the style is similar.
You will see that the ROTS "graflex" is thinner than the "luke" graflex.

I believe ( needs confirmation) that the "graflex" from ROTS has been machined from scratch so parts fitting a graflex hilt will need to be customized. Even the glass eye would need extensive modification to get to a gold button.

I know that Etsy has good sellers ( Skywampa for example), and google image.

Interesting project though, good luck for your search !

I believe he already knows about the skinnyflex. I think what he's asking is if theres any mods available to convert an actual graflex into a ROTS hybrid.

Short answer. Not really.

But if hes actually searching for a ROTS hilt.

Its... Not called a graflex.

Its called a skinnyflex.

Last edited:
There have absolutely been parts made to give actual Graflexes (or replicas) the look of the Skinnyflex. I haven’t seen much in the way of parts like that in a few years, aside from clamp cards, but those parts have been produced by a few vendors.

. I really want a RotS hilt but don't want to spend $400 on a force fx saber.

There are a number of Anakin Force FX lightsabers on eBay for $150 or less - while the blade is not officially removable, it can be done, and you end up with a nice all-metal Episode III saber that is sized more like a Graflex.

You might also look into the Lenovo augmented reality lightsaber which is approximately full size and somewhere between the skinnyflex and Graflex in proportions.

TCSS sells ROTS pins, the textured tape is probably fishing lure tape (although TCSS and Wanna Wanna both sell strips of it), Slothfurnace has ROTS clamp cards, and it wouldn't be too hard to get a Covertec knob and attach it to the hilt if you want that instead of a D-ring. The only thing that I think isn't easily available would be the gold button/eye and the pommel. I know Shameem used to sell the gold button on his Etsy store, but even before he closed it I think it had been a while

I've been making my own hybrid and I was wondering if any current sources exist for the gold eye and the gold lever to fit on onto my existing romans. Seela did you ever source any?
Already applied the textured tape and new clamp card. You can't beat the graflex but I always thought the skinnyflex was neat too. The hybrid idea always appealed to me.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back