Graflex Luxeon Blade Socket

seelsa73

Sr Member
I'm new to prop replica making and I just bought a Graflex Luxeon Blade Socket from the graflex shop, but it didnt come with instructions. Can anyone tell me how to install this in my graflex 3-cell body?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to work with the luxeon kits from the graflex shop, but I have used the ones form The Custom Saber Shop and those should work roughly the same way. You would first need to remove the innards of the original graflex....there should be a small set screw right above the glass eye. Unscrew said set screw, and unscrew the brass pins as well. When you remove the red button on top of the graflex,there should be another two pins there. take those out as well. you should now be able to slide out the original bulb socket assembly. As for the luxeon kit. You would first need to wire up your Lux LED and stick that onto your heatsink. from there. you should be able to slip the heatsink/LED assembly onto the bottom of your luxeon socket. If you have any other question, feel free to let me know.

I did what you said and so far so good...however, something is preventing the socket from getting far enough down inside the flashgun. I believe what is stopping it is the thing that the flash button swings from as well as whatever that layered piece nof metal is on the outside:

downsize2-1.jpg

downsize.jpg

any advice on how to fix this problem?

I would just take a dremel tool and sand those things down from the inside. When blade socket is installed, they can just be glued back on with Gorilla brand superglue (or some other equivalent)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back