1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run GOTG Star Lord Boot Rockets "stunt" kit

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by JOATRASH FX, Jun 3, 2015.

1. JOATRASH FX

JOATRASH FX Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello all.

I was toying with the idea of printing out a set of static "stunt" boot rockets in 5 pieces per rocket instead of the 40(!) of my regular kit, in a 200 micron resolution instead of my usual 60-100. I normally don't do lower-resolution stuff like this since I tend to focus on HQ props, but I've got open time on the printer while I'm finishing up some new patterns and figured I'd put it to use and try something different. A great many prints are done in 200 and print lines will be a bit more visible. Printing in fewer parts makes it harder to sand inside the nooks but a lot faster to assemble.

They'd be great if you just need an accurate set of rockets fast, that don't have to hold up to macro-scrutiny but will still be lightweight and take a more punishment than resin. In truth, most people would not see a major difference to the regular kit when painted and weathered and since they are down by the floor all the time, they don't really get examined closely. Still, even with the lower resolution this is fairly long print since one thing I will not compromise with is speed. These are printed from my existing files, slightly modified to accommodate printing in fewer parts, which are still the most accurate rockets that have been offered.

Cost is $185 SHIPPED per set of TWO rockets and the limit will be 5-10 sets (dep on if higher-priority stuff comes in). Drop me a PM with "Stunt rockets" in the title if you want a set.

Here are a couple pics. Second photo is of the actual 5-piece, 200 micron print (still has support "brim" material on certain edges).

overlay.jpg

stuntkit.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. hero44hire

hero44hire Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Star Lord Boot Rockets "stunt" kit

I am interested

"Everyone Needs A Hero"

3. JOATRASH FX

Up we go.

4. Skaar

Skaar Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Im interested for sure!

5. The Full Armor

The Full Armor Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Do the stunt kits also include the attachment plates?

6. JOATRASH FX

No, because they take forever to print, being flat. But I can supply them at additional cost. PM me please.