Got Xeno? Oil Painting

xenotoes

Hello and a big happy Easter to everyone! Don't eat too many eggs, Preds! :D

I'm quite new to the forums but I really love everything that goes on here. I'm amazed by every project I've seen, there's some seriously cool talent on this site!

Here's my meagre offering

I know it isn't directly Predator related, but this is a little work-in-progress I thought I'd share with you. Usually I paint historical things (It'd probably bore most people to death lol) but I had one of those 'it's midnight, let's PAINT!' moments and ended up working on this until 3 in the morning, and continuing today.

She's around 30cm by 20cm, in Daler&Rowney Georgian oil paints :) She's still not finished, I'm stuck at the moment because I've run out of tiny paintbrushes (they get ruined after a while with all the white spirit!) so I need to pick some up this week. The really obvious area that lacks detail is the teeth (I looked like a three-year-old daubing paint all over the teeth with these stupid big clumpy brushes o_O ), but the whole thing will be reworked in high detail once I get my hands on some new small brushes :)

At 3am this morning:
K.jpg.gif

At 3pm today:
P1000349.jpg

As you can see, there's still lots to do! But she'll be for sale when she's finished, and I do take commissions (any excuse to paint sci-fi subjects, haha!) so feel free to send me a message if you're interested :)

Hope you like it, and again I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Beth :)

great work

Thanks so much! :)

Wow u can paint lol looks great keep it up.

Aw cheers! Thanks for the comment :)

Wow, nice...that looks great. If you're ever interested in doing prints, let me know... :)

Thanks so much! :) I've never tried doing prints before, I didn't think my work was really good enough, haha! Do you think its worth giving it a shot?
Thanks for the comment! :)

Little update 12/04, got myself some teeny tiny paintbrushes and got to work on the detailing. Started teeth, skin bits & tail sections :D
P1000361.jpg

Absolutely it's good enough! I bet a bunch of these guys would buy one for a start... ;)

Aw, thanks! I wouldn't really know where to start with prints, but I'll definitely look into it and keep it in mind! Cheers! :)

Love it! Next do a predator, then ill be interested :), keep them coming

Thanks! :) Yeah, Predator is my next mission! Think I'll do one based on one of the original movie posters to start off with! :)

Here's the finished piece.. would have liked to have spent longer on it and got more detail in there, but my exams are in a few weeks so I need to concentrate on those at the moment! She's for sale on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261009593586?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

got_xeno__by_sparkypoo-d4vqc7x.jpg

This is awesome!!! I am soooooooooooooo glad to see someone actually painting traditionally, instead of using one of the Adobe suites. There's just some things you can't do digitally, and it's easily called-out. There's just something MORE to a piece done by hand.

Fantastic work, seriously!!

Frame that painting!! :D

To echo Robs words, it is really fun to see someone paint traditionally, whether it be oil or acrylic or whatever. I find it easier to appreciate something that you can hold in your hands, and not just see on a computer screen (of course you can print it out, but that's not the point).
I have not painted in years, miss it sooo much. And you should definitely try your hand at painting a predator, the ball is in motion now!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back