Got to love Craigslist.....

mdainsd

"Stargate. Doesn't work. Come haul it away or this gate is getting buried too..."

DSCF0373.JPG

I dragged it home yesterday.

Last edited:
Doesn't look to be that bad of a replica, if it wasn't for the odd notches for the top piece... I'd almost have said it was a copy of the 9ft promo gates that were used at a few of the conventions by MGM or Legends

It was made for the SciFi channel. The owner said it was displayed in the lobby of a movie theatre he worked in. He had the original banner that was originally mounted across the top.

It is in San Diego. It is about 6" thick, mad of three layers of very dense foam (denser than florist foam), with a layer of hard plasic between each of the foam layers. Not 3D. It is a picture printed on hard plastic that is then glued to the front of ring. The back side is covered in hard black plastic.

I agree. If I were closer to San Diego I would've gotten it :)

Really where are you going to put it?

Was it free?

So out of curiosity where would you keep it? I think it is cool, nice snag

Not sure yet. The ceilings at my place are all 8' and this is 9' tall. Im not going to cut it down, so got to find something else to do with it. A friend saw it and said put a screen on the back of it and use it for outdoor movie nights. It is SOCAL after all and we live in the outdoor areas most of the year.

Yeah the movie screen idea is a good one, up here it is a pretty night out didn't even need a sweater, and saw alot of stars to boot! And tonight the sunset was beautiful thank God for California!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back