Got my very first piece today...

keeleon

I ordered one of those custom suits on ebay a few months back, and I just received the head. I am very impressed with the detail. I am just hoping that the rest arrives before SDCC. It's a really close fit inside the mask to the point where my skin touches the latex. Do you think it would be a good idea to line the inside with some kind of fabric? How does everyone deal with the sweating and cleaning issues? I can deal with being drenched, it's just putting it away for a year and opening it to smell like a dead cat....

Hiya Keeleon. Yep, sweat is one of your masks worst enemies. I'm going to wear a fabric hood ( the name escapes me at the moment) that come with a body suit. I'm thinking it will cut the contact between my sweat and the mask. Good luck with the rest of your items arriving on time! I'm still waiting on a backpac and cannon.
~Estelle

The hood is called a balaclava .. I would recommend either that or an athletic sweat band to keep the sweat out of your eyes. After wear, clean the inside of the mask with soapy water or wipeit down with some 99% alcohol. It is the oils from the skin that will cause the latex to break down.. After wiping it out.. Sprinkle baby powder onside for absorption .. Just wipe that out before the next time you wear it. Can't stress how important it is to take care of your latex

I think I'm going to go with a Heatgear Balaclava from Underarmour. Anyone familiar with those? I sweat pretty bad, and I was trying NOT to wear a full balaclava, so I'm leery of the breathability of them. I've only ever worn nomex.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back