Got my MR Vader......

Originally posted by Darth Bill@Jan 26 2006, 07:37 PM
Well, if all else fails, go here:

http://ca.briefcase.yahoo.com/merlin42@rogers.com

I opened up a public briefcase there...

Pick 'ROTS Vader' and look at the pics in numerical order (I have no idea why they jumbled them around the way they did...)

Oh, and I still see them fine here.

That's bothersome.  :unsure

Russ
[snapback]1169141[/snapback]​

.....says "this folder is currently empty"...

yep. :(

Originally posted by KevVader+Jan 26 2006, 08:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Jan 26 2006, 08:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darth Bill
@Jan 26 2006, 07:37 PM

Pick 'ROTS Vader' and look at the pics in numerical order (I have no idea why they jumbled them around the way they did...)

Russ

.....says "this folder is currently empty"...
[snapback]1169142[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by Darth Bill@Jan 26 2006, 08:37 PM

Russ

The mystery deepens...

"This folder contains no items," when it clearly says 10 items in the folder. When I click I get the error message.

Bruce

Originally posted by Darth Bill+Jan 26 2006, 07:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Bill @ Jan 26 2006, 07:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-KevVader
@Jan 27 2006, 12:37 AM

Russ......you're killin' me.

Dude, you're local...

You could just hop in the car, y'know?? :lol

Russ
[snapback]1169144[/snapback]​
[/b]

...it's warming up. :p ...

....not sure why your pix aren't showing....try using imageshack...should work with no problems...

Bizarre.

Apparantly, with the free service, I'm NOT allowed to "share" my photos with everyone EVEN THOUGH I set that permission. :rolleyes

Hold on. I'll work this out.

Russ

Originally posted by Darth Bill@Jan 26 2006, 07:45 PM
Bizarre.

Apparantly, with the free service, I'm NOT allowed to "share" my photos with everyone EVEN THOUGH I set that permission.  :rolleyes

Hold on. I'll work this out.

Russ
[snapback]1169150[/snapback]​
i know you can post pics from yahoo unless you change the "picsname".jpg to "read picsname".tx but it has been years since I tried it that way.

Thats working. 8P

I have to admit, that was the mentallity with my MR nautilus. It looked SOOOOO good except for the twisted tail, I was going to fix the darn thing or atleast give it a try before I would ever consider sending it back. Worked out great, a show piece in my den.

BUT...

I never should have had to do the repair. I never should have had to work a darn hour cleaning up the MR Narnia sword. I never should have gotten such a damage Elite edition saber in hand. Shipping mistakes happen, I should have not gotten the broken minis or received the wrong item sent to me, all the returns made, thats alot of mistakes in a short period of time, of which I experienced first hand. Thats darn poor quality control on MR's part. Not to mention the rocketeer helmets and that QC issue on that opening run.

Worse, the cracks and darn right flaws posted here are plain unfixable. Happy to see it fit you mellon well (edit: Russ ;) , but it looks like the others here, the majority posting, got screwed by the lastest MR snafu.

So disapointed to see this, again and again by MR. And their excuse that its the shippers fault, pure denial. Its MR's responsibility to see that the item CAN make it through shipping intact, and if the majority does not, its not FedEx's fault, its MR's. They could have waited for the paint to dry/cure properly, they could have gotten new fleece bags with no stitching. You know those two solutions alone are going to be much less costly than the damage and public relations damage done shipping them like we are seeing here. And many of the posted shots are poor quality control, not related to the fleece packaging.

I guess its so disapointing to see all this starting to happen like this. The customer service posts here are not exactly soothing either. I think it would be better to come out and say flatly we screwed up and we will make it up to you, not circumstances were beyond our control...
I was always taught that if you are truly sorry and say so, you mean it by not repeating your mistakes. I can tolerate a few mistakes, but seeing it again over and over in such a short period of time is thuroughly disapointing. Someone at MR really needs to get that message in their skulls and poor on the QC from top to bottom. I understand growing pains in a company like MR, but it seems like suddenly they are loosing their top quality touch they have shown and touted in the past.

Originally posted by Darth Bill+Jan 26 2006, 07:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Bill @ Jan 26 2006, 07:58 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-KevVader
@Jan 27 2006, 12:43 AM

...it's warming up. :p ...

23 Kadeer Way.... Barrhaven. :p

Anyhoo:

[

(Hope to God this works... :lol )

Russ
[snapback]1169161[/snapback]​
[/b]

Hey....you're basically around the corner....I'm just off of Strandherd/Crestway in Chapman Mills....ya may get a visitor tomorrow. ;)

....the pix look good. I'm somewhat relieved.....How's the thickness of the cast compared to your OT lids?....

Originally posted by tripoli@Jan 27 2006, 01:14 AM

...BUT...

Yeah, I know where you're coming from, Jeff...
(It's RUSS, Jeff, not Barry that got the good helmet... :D )

I understand that, in a perfect world, I shouldn't have had to pay $16 for that scratch cream to deal with the problem FIRST created by the shipping.

However, I'll TAKE that $16 easily to avoid the extra "cost" in both money and time for a replacement.

Here's the odd thing:

With all the talk about fleece bag and embroidery and whatnot, with my little rant this morning about sending the bag out WITHOUT stitching, it's an option that they went with for the faceplate AND neck brace.
The dome bag is the ONLY one with the MR logo on it.

Huh.

Odder still, I've got all the DF Marvel life-size busts and they all came packed in styrofoam but wrapped in this very thin paper to protect it from the styrofoam.

Out of all the talk, I'm surprised no-one brought this up as a possible alternative to the bag....

Y'know what??

As I put the box back together to put into storage, I noticed THERE IS a thin layer of paper between the dome top and the styrofoam.

All things considered, things could have been A LOT worse.

I know I'm one of the lucky ones.

Not taking that for granted. :lol

However, if anyone gets one with just a gently-scuffed dome, it's fixable. Easily fixable.

That scratch on the last page, though....

Yikes.

Russ

Originally posted by KevVader@Jan 27 2006, 01:17 AM
Hey....you're basically around the corner....I'm just off of Strandherd/Crestway in Chapman Mills....ya may get a visitor tomorrow. ;)

....the pix look good. I'm somewhat relieved.....How's the thickness of the cast compared to your OT lids?....

Tomorrow, the wife and I will be home about 6:00 - 6:30 PM. Company is always welcome...

Eli told me you're a good bloke and that's good enough for me. :D

As for the thickness, it's pretty sweet. Thicker than a JB.

You'll see. :D

Russ

Doh, sorry Russ. :lol

Yeah, I guess that MR is the company I expect to turn out the best, sad to see this all of a sudden.

Just does not happen with MR either. Been collecting more figures lately. The Disney big figures as well DC Direct maquettes. They came out with the CN animated figures of Teen Titans, one of the staple shows with dad and the kids. ( yeah, three kids ages 11-7 Cartoon Network is the mainstay channel until bed time. Quite frankly, some of the shows are much better than prime time tv. ) The Starfire one had 800 made, of which about 600 got broken in shipping. Now you would think they would have seen it coming given the flimsey design and packaging, but they did not.
And yes, I am trying to get all five figures including the extra now tight run of that one hard to find undamaged figure. Got a few damage ones and done some great repair work. But I always would like to get that undamaged one without paying a hefty price to get it.

Not all that uncommon with businesses, but my late run of purchases with MR has been less than stellar and I look to them for the premier top replicas on the market right now. Sad to experience this and see it here.

So, MR, get on the ball and start thinking about Quality Control and Public Relations as a priority, hint hint hint cough cough.

I did it. I did it..

I actually got my melon-head inside that freakin' thing. :lol

It's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

It's tight ("toight loik a toiger." :p ), to be sure, but not altogether uncomfortable (and smells "new car leather-y" *snnniiiiifffff* :lol )

One thing learned:

You'll never get the neck brace piece on if you're alone.

It's a two-person job.

Anyhoo:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO..."

:lol :lol

Russ

Russ, I hope that NOOOOO is because you can't get it off yourself. :lol

Sounds like on the scratches then you may be able to use novus polish to just polish it out. Can anyone at MR tell us here if its painted or a black fiberglass piece that can be directly polished and buffed out.
If anyone wants these helmets as much as I wanted my nautilus, they atleast might have the chance to fix it themselves.

Originally posted by tripoli@Jan 26 2006, 09:36 PM
Can anyone at MR tell us here if its painted or a black fiberglass piece that can be directly polished and buffed out. 
[snapback]1169229[/snapback]​

I'm not from MR, but if the scratchs arn't that bad they can be polished out in paint as well.

It is not that big a deal if done right.

Just buff them out like a car detailer would using buffing compound.

Lynn

Originally posted by Emeldahay@Jan 25 2006, 10:49 PM
This hobby is so hit and miss.
[snapback]1168137[/snapback]​

When paying $800.00 - $1500.00 for a helmet from an "Authorized Dealer".......there should be no hit and miss.

MR should be ashamed of releasing such an inferior product......

ORDER CANCELLED.

I am so dissapointed with MR. I have been waiting for so long...my money is ready and I feel like I would be crazy to buy this.

MR is going down hill and nothing can stop it...it happens to all companies as they grow...employees become a number and the bottom line is PROFIT and not customer satisfaction.

I want a helmet from a MR dealer who will open it up inspect it and repackage it in freakin cotton balls, pillows, feathers, what ever it takes to ensure it will arrive on my doorstep with no scratches chips, cracks or anything else...................

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back