got my FINEMOLDS FALCON today! :D

Originally posted by phase pistol@Dec 31 2005, 04:58 AM
I see Starshipmodeler has their out of box review up...

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/jmc_fmmf.htm

Includes comparison with MPC.

jmc_fmmf_16_fmmf-1005F.JPG

jmc_fmmf_17_fmmf-1006S.JPG

[snapback]1147322[/snapback]​

Sweet. Bigger than I thought.

Anyone seen any retailers listing this as available through their store here in the states? I just have an aversion to ordering it from overseas if it's in-country already.....

Got mine from Starshipmodeler.com too. I love John and Linda... great customer service.

The kit is wonderful. The sink mark is on mine to, but very fixable IMHO. Lots of room for fiber optics if you are so inclined. Just a great kit.

Originally posted by aljf@Jan 5 2006, 05:26 AM
I got mine from Starshipmodeler with the shipping it was $195.00 :rolleyes

aljf :confused
[snapback]1150674[/snapback]​

Current price at CultTVman is $229.95 plus shipping.

In CultTVman's "Modeling Star Wars" forum, a modeler from Singapore has posted shots of a newly completed FM Falcon. The kit builds up very nicely, although the figures lack detail. I guess it would have been too much to hope for a scar on the 1/72-scale Han's chin. :p

I've spent about 4 and a half hours and still havent got the top completed, the use of the metal screws is nice for keeping those front pieces on underneath of the top hull, getting ready to deal with the back of the top hull in the morning. glad I have a pair of tweezers, some parts are so tiny.

Are you all putting most of the pieces on the top/bottom and then spraying the main part as the base color and later going in to do the airbrushing/detail work? I know someone had mentioned how a lot of the tiny detail is the base body color anyway....

(Betamin, learning as he goes that the Falcon, once he buys one, will be a major job to paint. :p)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back