Got my 2nd "Pulp Fiction" found item!

:eek Wow. Nice find. It says the cover is warped. I've had this problem with many older hardbacks. Just steam the cover with a boiling teapot then while SLIGHTLY moist, put a dry wash cloth between the cover and the rest of the book. Put several heavy books on top of it for 1-2 days and presto. Noce straight cover. :)

Vincent (Travolta) was reading this book in the bathroom when he came out Butch(Willis) aired him and the bathroom out with a machine gun.

<div class='quotetop'>(kell @ Jun 1 2006, 05:49 AM) [snapback]1254068[/snapback]</div>
Vincent (Travolta) was reading this book in the bathroom when he came out Butch(Willis) aired him and the bathroom out with a machine gun.
[/b]
He also took it with him when on a bathroom break at the diner.

Don't ever let Vincent Vega use your bathroom.

>Vincent (Travolta) was reading this book in the bathroom when he came out Butch(Willis) aired him and the bathroom out with a machine gun.

I HATED that scene. No way no how would Vincent have left his weapon on the counter while taking a dump. This man is a PROFESSIONAL. Bah.

Jay

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi Lawja @ Jun 2 2006, 05:13 AM) [snapback]1254764[/snapback]</div>
>Vincent (Travolta) was reading this book in the bathroom when he came out Butch(Willis) aired him and the bathroom out with a machine gun.

I HATED that scene. No way no how would Vincent have left his weapon on the counter while taking a dump. This man is a PROFESSIONAL. Bah.

Jay
[/b]

He was also a drug addict.

I also dont think he ever imagined that Butch would come back to his apartment because he knew that it would be the first place they would look. So, he let his guard down. No soldier reads while on duty and you always work in teams to have someone watch your back. I would guess that he also would not have died if Julues didn't take off to wander the earcth ;)

I think he was there because Marcellus didnt have any other leads. just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Yeah, he was a junkie. But he wasn't fixing up on the toilet, he was taking a dump and reading. While Butch had the run of the apartment. Now, if it looked like he was NODDING on the toilet, I'd say sure, he jonesed out. But he sat and read, ignoring the sounds Butch must've made, stepping out only in time to get ventilated. And as any good soldier knows, you're most vulnerable when taking a dump. Ask any sniper.

Jay

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi Lawja @ Jun 3 2006, 01:49 AM) [snapback]1255303[/snapback]</div>
Yeah, he was a junkie. But he wasn't fixing up on the toilet, he was taking a dump and reading. While Butch had the run of the apartment. Now, if it looked like he was NODDING on the toilet, I'd say sure, he jonesed out. But he sat and read, ignoring the sounds Butch must've made, stepping out only in time to get ventilated. And as any good soldier knows, you're most vulnerable when taking a dump. Ask any sniper.

Jay
[/b]

True that Jedi lawja. Yes, sniper training has taught me never crap in a stationary position; I have a modified squat/run zig-zag pattern. :D

..o nice ebay find by the way.

<div class='quotetop'>(neosporing @ Jun 3 2006, 02:59 AM) [snapback]1255304[/snapback]</div>
I have a modified squat/run zig-zag pattern. :D
[/b]

Thanks for that visual. Creepy. ;) :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(neosporing @ Jun 3 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1255304[/snapback]</div>
I have a modified squat/run zig-zag pattern. [/b]
Although not trained as a sniper, our dog has developed the same pattern when we take her for a walk. Sometimes she's so busy sniffing around that she can't be bothered to stand still while pinching her pooch loaf. It's kind of embarrassing. :$

And great score, Tony. :) :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi Lawja @ Jun 2 2006, 11:49 PM) [snapback]1255303[/snapback]</div>

Jay
[/b]
Tarantino stated on the DVD commentary that it was Marcellus' gun on the counter, Vincent had his .45 handy. Marcellus did leave it when he went to get donuts and coffee, that's why he was in the area and why he had two cups.
JJ

So my theory is actually correct. It was the two cups of coffee that always made me think that. He went out for snacks and got it in the... well, you know. :lol

I think Vincent let his guard down because he thought it was just Marcellus returning with the snacks.

Aaaaa-ha. I have not seen the DVD/Commentary. Thank you for plugging a continuity hole for me.

Jay

p.s. That modified 'Squat/run zig-zag' really creeps me out. On the scale of the Burger King. Good Job. <G>

<div class='quotetop'>(agent5 @ Jun 4 2006, 04:12 AM) [snapback]1255836[/snapback]</div>
I think Vincent let his guard down because he thought it was just Marcellus returning with the snacks.
[/b]

Right. Thats the other thing that bothered me. How in the world could vincent *not* hear Butch walking around, making pop-tarts, etc? Makes perfect sense. Back to my theory that never never thought Butch would ever come back but they had no where else to look.

Your theory makes perfect sense. Which brings us to: Why didn't Butch know Vincent was in there staining the bowl. Now, I lived in a small apartment and when the big brown dog barked at the back door and you let him out everyone in the apartment knew. Hmmmmmmm. Haha- Anyway cool book.

Kell

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back