got lucky today

cyberpyrot

Sr Member
I managed to win this unopened pack of 1977 starwars cards from ebay for $30.

bXe2wigofbER2zYik7CCDdxr8RROvYX7rI9Q0Ann5DV8=w1268-h951-no

Inside was a mint #1 Luke Skywalker

R4Lswk90uzYl5yFJTj4EatfXkUWYoEDjIDQa_kNhb5sN=w714-h952-no

The unopened pack was probably worth more than that card. ;)

http://www.psacard.com/SMRPriceGuide/SetDetail.aspx?SMRSetID=1008

look at the bottom of that link. I know the prices fluctuate but I have seen a few on Ebay for $250 grade 9. I did manage to buy the un opened pack on ebay for $30.

A PSA Gem Mint 10 #15 (Artoo-Detoo Left Behind) sold for $499 in 2013
A PSA Gem Mint 10 #197 (Leia Blasts Stormtrooper) sold for $399 in 2013
A PSA Gem Mint 10 #7 (Darth Vader) sold for $400 in 2013
A PSA Gem Mint 10 #1 Skywalker sold for $2,400 in 2014

.... That card is worth $2400!?!... Holy Cow! .... Just think of the thousands of dollars worth of toys and collectibles we probably all have gone through when we were children. .... I remember having that card. Put it in my spokes to make myself Evel Kenievel. Lol!

.... That card is worth $2400!?!... Holy Cow! .... Just think of the thousands of dollars worth of toys and collectibles we probably all have gone through when we were children. .... I remember having that card. Put it in my spokes to make myself Evel Kenievel. Lol!

at most it is probable worth $100 that $2400 is best case scenerio to me its worth more hanging on my wall. Its only worth what some one is willing to pay for it.

The only reason any of those toys and cards are worth anything now is because we all destroyed them when we were children, thus making them rare and hard to find in good condition. I would sell folks tons of Prequel Era Star Wars figures who were thinking they were going to put their kids through college with them. Unfortunately everyone else was collecting them also, and they were all keeping them in the package, so now they're worth nothing.

The "Luke Skywalker" on that card seemed strange to me so I looked it up (not at home right now to compare it to mine) and sure enough it's different than the ones I usually see.

1.jpg

Is yours Canadian? I see there's some French on the wrapper.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back