GoT: Baby "Drogon"

The14thDr

Sr Member
So I'm still finding my feet when it comes to Game of Thrones (I was only introduced to the show a couple of days ago), but I'm already hooked! I've been thinking how cool it would be to have one of Daenerys' baby dragons, so I started by collecting together some reference material.

Drogon is by far my favourite of the three, so he's the one I'll be sculpting first out of clay.

One question: does anyone know how to pronounce his name? (noob question, I know, but if I'm working on something I need to at least be able to pronounce what it is I'm working on)

The14thDr

Sr Member
I made this quick sketch to get the basic shape of the dragon down, which I'll use as a guide when I start the sculpting.

I'm currently working on a template for the wings, which will be made separately using foam.

The14thDr

Sr Member
GoT: Baby "Drogon"

this is very cool, probably going to be moved to the sculpting board but ill follow where it goes. Love GOT.
Thanks! To be honest, a dragon isn't really a "prop" anyway, so my bad on that one (I don't really post here often so I completely forgot about the sculpting board.)

Neat. Looks like there is an official licensed one out there.

http://www.thefilmcell.com/drogon-baby-dragon-model-c2x15930902
Cool. £40 is out of budget at the moment however (which is generally the reason why I scratch-build 99.9% of my props.)

Here's where I'm at with the dragon so far. I'm using standard, air-drying modeller's clay, with small bits of wire to reinforce the joints between the body and the legs.

I haven't made much progress so far, but the way I like to work when sculpting things is to do a little at a time, then leave it for a few hours for the surface to dry, before going back and filling/sanding/shaping as needed to make the model closer to what I'm trying to achieve.

Let me know what you think so far. :)

Last edited: