Got Armor.com has A ANH suit???

Lear60man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I cant be the first to notice that they have a ANH suit. Who did the sculpt? Anyone know the origns?

Originally posted by Lear60man@Dec 31 2005, 12:03 AM
I cant be the first to notice that they have a ANH suit.  Who did the sculpt? Anyone know the origns?
[snapback]1147326[/snapback]​

Hmmmm.....interesting...

After viewing the helmet assembly tutorial, it looks like an ABS-80 helmet kit.

AKA: "Authentic Props".

I built up one of those buckets myself, and it looks identical right down to the decals.
Chances are the suit is the of same maker.

-Chris

Its AP.... If I'm not mistaken, that picture of the assembled armor was posted here in a members show off thread not long ago

Originally posted by FON@Dec 31 2005, 09:01 AM
Its AP.... If I'm not mistaken, that picture of the assembled armor was posted here in a members show off thread not long ago
[snapback]1147407[/snapback]​

Def AP - Fon is right the same pics were posted on here.

Joe

Hhhm.

So are we saying it's actually an Authentic Props/ABS 80 ......or some sort of recast?

Forgive my igonorance but he seems pretty reputable. Certainly knocks out alot of Trooper stuff.

His ANH suit looks of interest but not if it a recast. I have been stung before before MovieFX.

Did Darth Infamous give him permission to use his photo?

Any info would be appreciated.

Steve :)

Originally posted by SmilingOtter@Jan 1 2006, 01:24 PM
So has you-know-who and his lawyers changed their position on this issue?
[snapback]1148138[/snapback]​

Nope. Site seems to be shutdown now.

I'm pretty sure he ASSEMBLED suits for people. Just guessing here, but I don't think he offered that armor for sale. He had a NICE tutorial on building the helmet. I'm pissed off now that I didn't snag it.

Kills me how everybody jumps to conclusions.

Just a guess, but maybe they're referring sales to, or selling for AP. That doesn't explain the pic though. :confused

Originally posted by clutch@Jan 3 2006, 11:22 AM
Kills me how everybody jumps to conclusions.
[snapback]1149511[/snapback]​

Come on.....you didn't think for a tiny second something was up when two well known armor sites go offline on the same day?

BTW if you google the site and view the cached version you can still get the tutorial with the pics. ;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back