Gosling BR coat, shearling question

the coat from rpf and film jacket forum consensus is thought to be a waxed cotton not leather, but to answer your questions if its real, if you break down the shearling wool it should be less curly over time but this is dependent on how close it is cut, the actual coat looks to be mid length wool. the link to the coat in question is far far away from being a replica, more like in the "theme" of, I would steer clear as these knock off Pakistan sweat shops very rarely produce quality work.

I found a pretty nice looking semi-closeish replica of Goslings coat, but the shearling wool is the wrong color & is curly for lack of a better term. (I don't know much about wool.) Can the tight, curly wool on this be combed out, etc to get a smoother look?

/ https://americasuits.com/blade-runner-2049-ryan-gosling-leather-coat

the coat from rpf and film jacket forum consensus is thought to be a waxed cotton not leather, but to answer your questions if its real, if you break down the shearling wool it should be less curly over time but this is dependent on how close it is cut, the actual coat looks to be mid length wool. the link to the coat in question is far far away from being a replica, more like in the "theme" of, I would steer clear as these knock off Pakistan sweat shops very rarely produce quality work.

Thanks much for the reply. My search-fu here kinda sucks, do you have any links to the discussion of the coat here &and/or maker(s) of an accurate one if there is one yet?

There`s no where near enough information out there yet for anyone to claim they have an accurate jacket for sale. A little more time is needed to get the full details.
You can use variants on Blade Runner 2049 / Ryan Goslings coat when doing searches.

I have an interest thread in the classifieds for this coat. Possibly waxed cotton and leather versions will be available. I am certainly not ready to claim I know enough for it to be perfectly accurate, I have yet to even see a clear picture of the back. But I know there are several things wrong with the one you linked.

Now if you like that coat as a coat, no issue. If you're going for accuracy, I'd stay clear.

Technically there should be no leather anywhere near this coat, if it's set in the Blade Runner world. So the fur would also be artificial (in the book, animals are rare and hard to keep alive, and using an animal skin for clothing would be repulsive).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back