Gort bio sculpt progress - Finished!

hez1

It's probably a little too early for feedback on this, but it's just about at a stage where it doesn't look like a lumpy mess, and I'm finally starting to feel like it's going somewhere and that people will be able to tell what it is :). I thought I'd show it off, get the anticipation flowing. :)

Hopefully this will be finished soon, but you know how it is with sculpts.

IMG_1634.jpg.gif

Update: 13/5.

Done a lot of work on the mouth area. It took several tries to get right, I think I filled it back in twice, after doing all those cut outs...that's a heart wrenching moment right there, when you realise it's just not right and needs to be completely redone. I won't lie, I wondered briefly if anyone would notice that the curve wasn't right. Then I remembered that I had to put it on my wall too, and that just wasn't gonna fly.

Big thanks to INKMONSTER who emailed me with a tip on the hoses used on the original sculpt, and damn if he wasn't bang on the money. I was not looking forward to sculpting in all those little grooves. Done some smoothing, but there's still a lot more to do. Still, I think the overall shape is now about where I want it, we're really getting into details. Go Gort!

IMG_1693.jpg.gif

Update 16/5

Added the four raised ridges on either side of the dome. It's difficult to work out from pics whether they're supposed to be symmetrical or not. One pic I have shows them distinctly asymmetrical, but in others, they would seem to be more or less symmetrical. I've kind of plumped for half and half, they're very slightly asymmetrical, but much more even than a couple of pics would indicate. Also done some work on the mouth area, refining some details, and smoothing the dome.

Let me have opinions, if anyone thinks I've missed something or have done something wrong, now is the time to tell me!

IMG_1695.jpg.gif

Update 27/5

OK, I've made a few changes...the dome has been flared out wider near the top, and the ridges have been thickened up a little. The cheeks have been trimmed down a little and the mouth has been tidied up. The pics are pretty dark in the mouth area, so I'm not sure if more changes are needed...I'll keep staring until I work it out. The side details have been roughed in under the dome as well, although only on that one side. Getting close now...

IMG_1729.jpg.gif

IMG_1728.jpg.gif

Update 31/5

Alright, almost finished...there's still some smoothing to do, and a little bit more detail work, but this is basically it. If anyone sees anything that's terribly wrong, keep it to yourself please or you might make me cry. Also, the very back of the bio still needs some work...don't worry, I know it doesn't look right.

OK, pictures...and I was just kidding, I do want feedback, I want this to be the best possible. In the very last pic, there ARE two washers on the dome, but I used nylon ones, so you might have to look closely to make them out. I need to go to the hardware store and buy some more.

IMG_1737.jpg.gif

IMG_1738.jpg.gif

IMG_1739.jpg.gif

IMG_1740.jpg.gif

IMG_1741.jpg.gif

IMG_1742.jpg.gif

IMG_1743.jpg.gif

woohoooo more clay slinging.

I know there are other gorts out there, but that matters not, just make sure this is accurate :)

Sweet! Love the Gort. Make it good like ure P1;)

Love to see it finished :)

I think u can most certainley count me in for one;)

Thanks everyone, I'll be trying to make it as accurate as possible.

Thanks for the tip Casey, any recommendations for particular tools? A quick google search was not particularly helpful.

Thanks Casey, I'll look into getting some of those.

I just started detailing the mouth area, it's incredible just how detailed it is. I'm really looking forward to sculpting another of the lost hunters next which won't be so obscenely complicated! :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back