GORN PICS NEEDED!

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Can anyone post hi-res pics from that one big book that came out a few years ago that showed the original Gorn suit being made?

Also, any and all head shots will help, even from the recent toys/ figures- especially big, closeups from all angles.

Mucho Gracias.

-Sarge

I hope this helps out some.

Gorn1.jpg

Gorn2.jpg

Gorn3.jpg

Thanks for the shots so far everyone.

Last week when I posted, I had just started an update to my original Gorm ask I did nearly 18 years ago. I look at that one nowdays and cringe, then remind myself I did it almost 2 decades ago. :p

gorn%20site%201.jpg

This new version will be what I'm calling "Gorn Unleashed" in the spirit of the bigger than life Star Wars figures. At first glance it will look like the classic Gorn we all know and love, but I'll be cramming a ton of additional detail into it- a little more detail on the inside of the mouth, hints of nictitating membranes at the corner of the eyes, a little more real, reptile detail where I can slip it in, things like that.

Also, this one will have more of a neck and chest and back flaps to tuck into a costume better.

Any suggestions for other details? More pics?

Thanks.

-Sarge

<div class='quotetop'></div>
How's this? Saw this dude over the weekend at the Vegas Hilton... [/b]

Ooooooo YEAH. That's the one Greg Nicotero and his guys worked on for the Viacom store in Chicago years ago- If I ever see him at Wonderfest again, I'm going to have to offer him my first-born son for a pull of that thing... :D (poor guy looks like he could use some dental work...)

Does anyone have that 12" figure that came out a year or so ago? I really need some side views and some of the back of the head.

Rockin'.

-Sarge

"HISSSSSSSSSS. EEEEEIIIIIIIIIITTTHHHHHH. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..."

<I have hearrrrd... evvvverry worrrrrrrd... yoouuu havvve SSSSSAIDDD.> :D

This must be "as Wah designed it".. note the blood red eyes (replaced with disco-ball eyes sometime before shooting)...

gorn01_stsketch.jpg

gorn02_stsketch.jpg

gorn03_stsketch.jpg

Those are from "Star Trek Sketchbook". I got screengrabs comin' up later. ;)

- k

I've always assumed that the "bags" under the Gorn's eyes are the openings through which the wearer sees. Is that right?

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ May 31 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1254001[/snapback]</div>
I've always assumed that the "bags" under the Gorn's eyes are the openings through which the wearer sees. Is that right?
[/b]

Yup. There were little crescent shaped cut-outs hiding under there. :)

Phase, YOUDAMAN.

-Sarge

<I will be MERRRRCIFUUUL... AND QUICK.>

First batch. :D

gorn_01.jpg

gorn_02.jpg

gorn_03.jpg

Hmmm... looks like the Gorn used the Vulcan Hand Salute before we saw Spock doing it. ;)

gorn_04.jpg

gorn_05.jpg

gorn_06.jpg

Eew. :$

gorn_07hair.jpg

Amazing selection of caps as always, Karl. Those views (including back and top of the head.) should help the Sarge to achieve a very high degree of accuracy.

That nose hair is unsightly, but I guess it's hard for a Gorn to manipulate those little scissors for trimming.

The asymmetrical brow is also a good observation. In some of the shots, the nose looks slightly asymmetrical, too (with the right nostril a bit closer to the center line of the nose than the left nostril), but it might be an illusion caused by the angles in the caps.

You know, looking at the Gorn pics and then at your Godzilla prototype avatar, it almost looks like you uploaded images from your family album. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 1 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]1254038[/snapback]</div>
You know, looking at the Gorn pics and then at your Godzilla prototype avatar, it almost looks like you uploaded images from your family album. :)
[/b]

RRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :angry

:lol

ANyhoo, you know I just realized that the Profiles in History 24 auction (March 2006) featured a Gorn mask on the cover. I only have the PDF handy, and am grabbing pix from that, but if you want higher rez, somebody will have to find the paper catalog and scan it. ;)

gornPIH_01.jpg

Sorry to have to do this to you Sarge, but I'm just trying to help... :$

gornfeatures.jpg

Note how the real Gorn head is squarish, fairly wide... the thick lips, the eyes set far back and wide spaced. Nicotero's is actually really good, but he missed a few things as well.

- k

In profile the Gorn sort of resembles the dinosaur pachycephalosaurus.

pachycephalosaur.gif

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back