Goonies Screen Used Props???

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What ever happend to these props. I have never seen any screen used props. They obviously had them for the Fan Magazine shoots and since it was a Spielberg produced film I would assume some of these props would have survived, expecially:

The Map
Copper Bones
Newspapers
Dabloun
Costumes
Data's inventions (Slick Shoes, Dart gun belt, Bully Blinders, etc.)

Anything????

Brad

I have seen pictures of a original made for production Map(not screenused). Seems to sit in a display. I think it was in the same town as they made the movie.

/Conny

It's just strange that no screen used props have popped up. This was a big enough budgeted film and Richard Donner directed, produced by the Stevester. And yet I have NEVER seen any screen used props. Also none of these props would have been needed or used in any other film so they were unique and I would think they wouldv'e been kept in private hands and not sent back to the prop dept.

Dident they talk about the props on the dvd commentarys? or maybe i remember it wrong. Guessing Donnor is the kind of guy that likes to keep momentos.

I've heard a story about Sean keeping the map and such, and his mother tossing them a few years later, not knowing what they were. The ship model, The Inferno, is in the museum in Astoria. I'm told the R2 is still on the deck!

I've heard a story about Sean keeping the map and such, and his mother tossing them a few years later, not knowing what they were. The ship model, The Inferno, is in the museum in Astoria. I'm told the R2 is still on the deck!

Wow, that would Suck A** if that is true.

Here is a shot of the R2 on deck...

GooniesR2D2.jpg

One Eyes Willy is in Donnor's office.

Yeah, I remember Donnor mentioning before (I think in the commentary) that he had the head of One-Eyed Willy on display in his office!:cool:thumbsup

And, yes, Sean did mention that he had one of the maps and it was later thrown out by his mom.

They also tried to get someone to buy the Inferno (The life-sized version) and then tried to get someone to just take it, but it ended up being trash!:cry

Not sure what happened to everything else!

One of the two girls that cuts my hair has a couple of the dablouns used on set that was given to her by her uncle who worked for the production. We both live in Portland Oregon so we are close to where they filmed. I have been asking almost every time i see her for one of the dablouns, to this day no luck! :-( I shall keep on trying. ;-)

What ever happend to these props. I have never seen any screen used props. They obviously had them for the Fan Magazine shoots and since it was a Spielberg produced film I would assume some of these props would have survived, expecially:

The Map
Copper Bones
Newspapers
Dabloun
Costumes
Data's inventions (Slick Shoes, Dart gun belt, Bully Blinders, etc.)

Anything????

Brad

I remember when the full-sized Inferno went up for sale. If I remember right, wasn't the ship actually free? You just had to pay to transport the thing....

If I'd have had somewhere to store it properly, I'd be the proud owner right now. :lol

And, this was only a few years back that the Inferno went up for sale, wasn't it? I remember reading a newspaper article about it and it wasn't in very good shape.

One of the two girls that cuts my hair has a couple of the dablouns used on set that was given to her by her uncle who worked for the production. We both live in Portland Oregon so we are close to where they filmed. I have been asking almost every time i see her for one of the dablouns, to this day no luck! :-( I shall keep on trying. ;-)

Just throw down a big tip, and tell her next time you're bringing your camera. ;)

To photograph the metal of course.

Tom and Bari Burman, who created Sloth's makeup, have a lifecast of actor John Matuszak and a 1/8-scale maquette of Sloth's head. The maquette will be in the next Profiles in History auction.

Ron

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back