Good UK backer rod supplier found

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Giles

Hopefully I've got this in the right place, apologies if it isn't.

After checking existing threads for UK suppliers of backer rod, most suppliers people had found wanted to sell huge reels, or else had extortionate prices for P&P. Some lunchtime surfing on friday threw up these guys:

http://www.source4me.co.uk/store/Render-Pl...d/prod_171.html

Sold by the metre in varies sizes, fairly reasonable on delivery (though I have noted that delivery was £1.72 and they charged £3, but a lot cheaper than the £15 everyone else wanted). Total cost for 14 metres was £13.36. Ordered on Friday afternoon, sat on my desk monday morning. Happy days!

Cheers

Giles

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Giles

what mm size did you order??
I ordered the 25mm diameter, so just shy of 1 inch. My reason for this being that the tool I've used to make the dread holes in my sculpt, a 30ml sterile universal or a urine sample pot, is a little wider than 25mm so hopefully once I've coated the dreads and take latex shrinkage into account, I should have a nice tight fit.

Once I've decided on lengths, I'm going to cut and put them into my sculpt to see how it looks and hopefully get pics up in the next week or so.

Double H

I have used source 4 me for backer rod at 25mm. Got a reel of about 20m for a £15. I cut my dreads into 23inch for the back (about 25-30 for them) 15inch for the sides (x6) and 10inch for the front (x4). Sounds weird but once the hang, they look pretty sweet.

Giles

Hi Hunter,

Would you be able to get some pics up? I never got round to doing it as I am still nowhere near having finished my sculpt!