Good samaritan my 1st build

Pobbrett

i've been looking at the papercratf version of this gun for ages but wanted a more permanent version so a few weeks ago i made a start using items i had laying about such as an old broom stick, some 3mm mdf, a food wrap cardboard tube, a cardboard poster tube and an apple tango lid.

i have very limited tool selection so every little piece is taking forever,

SAM_0054.jpg

this along with a ruler and some wall filler is all i have, but using the papercraft files as a blueprint its coming along.

Snapshot_20120327_2.jpg

Snapshot_20120402_2.jpg

SAM_0055.jpg

SAM_0058.jpg

SAM_0057.jpg

need to add some detailed parts then i can start spraying the primer.

any input would be gratefully received

many thanks
Pobbrett

does anyone have any high res pics of the break lever and the detailing to the hammer they could help me out with please ??

Not much, but decent pics. Apologies if these've already been shown. Some of these are from HBII - but as far as I know, the gun didn't change at all.

-MJ

superb thanks for the images and links guys, sith that last image is great i've not seen that side before and it shows the screw on the hinge on that side too awesome ty

thanks for the compliments guys, my plan was to use a spray can from the £1 shop as a primer but being mostly constucted of mdf wood i'm worried about it peeling, it should be ok with even coats but i'm wondering if i'd be better off using a specific brand or type of paint.

so far the cost has run at £3 all in but that was spent on filler, a new junior hacksaw and the spray can, managed to get some use out of one of my only power tools by drilling most of the material out for the end caps of the cylinder for the bullets to sit in, and also got the break lever stem built up just needs shaping and the thumb grip needs to be made then i can glue it to the catch.

Get some mdf sealer,a few coats should do and it costs about £5.00,how did you do the hinge?i was going to try and make mine so it has a double ended screw

I've always wanted a Samaritan, excellent work.
I've been looking for the pep files for this without much luck, any chance you could point me in the right direction.

Cheers

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back