Good Omens Shadwell's gun

McKenna

So, I've been collecting the pieces to replicate 'The Thunder Gun of Witch Finder-General Dalrymple' deployed by Sergeant Shadwell in "Good Omens." I've identified and obtained everything except the chromed valve thingy attached to the gold tank. I was thinking it might be a vintage vacuum quick coupler from a hospital vacuum system, but no luck finding one to match. After hours of fruitless searching I give up. Does anybody recognize it?

Attachments

• witchfinder shadwell - Google Search_kindlephoto-386145180.png
    witchfinder shadwell - Google Search_kindlephoto-386145180.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Shadwell-715e963.jpg
    Shadwell-715e963.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 597
Great idea for a project! I can't be of any assistance unfortunately, but I'm definitely curious what went into creating his gun. I hope you provide a breakdown once you collect everything.

Great idea for a project! I can't be of any assistance unfortunately, but I'm definitely curious what went into creating his gun. I hope you provide a breakdown once you collect everything.
The hunt is half (or more) of the fun. The gold tank was easy, it's a vintage 1930s Pyrene fire extinguisher. The tubes and some of the greeblies are from a disassembled baritone. That chrome thing is killing me, though. I'm sure it will be a facepalm moment when it's finally figured out. I have a lathe, milling machine, and knurling tools, so I could make one, but that's just not the same.

I'll absolutely post a build log when it's done. I'm also going to build the display case Sergeant Shadwell keeps it in. I have a spare Pyrene so I'm on the hunt for a crapped out trumpet or trombone and I'm going to make a carbine version, too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back