Good-bye, Col. Potter

Re: Harry Morgan, Dobie Gray R.I.P.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul...

"Gray willed much of his property and future earnings to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn."
Class act.

RIP Dobie

Doug

Wow, Mr. Morgan certainly did live a full life to make it to 96. I hope I'm that lucky.
RIP, old boy.

I just watched the episode the other day where Col. Potter, Hawkeye, and BJ come back drunk in a Jeep. They are holding Col. Potter up between them when Col. Potter falls to the ground. They help him up and he says "Did I fall down?" They say "No." and he says "I didn't think so." :lol That cracks me up just thinking about it.

Thanks for making us laugh.

M*A*S*H was definitively more than just a sitcom. It was a story about a family going through tough times, and Harry Morgan was the father of that family.

We will all miss you Mr. Morgan, and thank for the good times you gave us.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul...

"Gray willed much of his property and future earnings to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn."
Class act.

RIP Dobie

Doug

Well now I just look stupid since the thread merge. :rolleyes

Doug

The one line I remember is, “Mildred is waiting for me back in Hannibal, Mo.,” Hannibal is about 15 minutes from me. He was from Missouri

:(

936fd670.jpg

I always enjoyed the episode before he was Col. Potter where he played the crazy General. Also he was great with Jimmy Stewart in the Glenn Miller Story.

I always enjoyed the episode before he was Col. Potter where he played the crazy General. Also he was great with Jimmy Stewart in the Glenn Miller Story.

We were just discussing this scene, Klinger walks up to him in drag "Not now Margery I'm inspecting the troops"

Harry Morgan one of the greats.

Many memories of watching MASH with my father. Two episodes at least every night growing up, I'm sure I've seen them all. It's part of the reason I joined the military (still working on building my own still). Thanks for the memories Colonel.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back