Gonk Droid Parts????? Pics help as well

Is his face plates vertical or are they angled?

Here is my first go at drawing one at 1.1m tall.
attachment.php

I made the main part of the body 600mm long with 25mm thickness for the belt.

Last edited:
This is great work. I think he needs to be a bit longer, but wow!!!!!

Is his face plates vertical or are they angled?

Here is my first go at drawing one at 1.1m tall.
attachment.php

I made the main part of the body 600mm long with 25mm thickness for the belt.

Cavx, I like your design. Are you basing it off of a particular gnk?
Thanks. Mostly off the one in the attached image above which I think is the one we see in the Jawa's Sandcrawler in ANH. I didn't have a whole lot of time to do this any better and after posting released I missed a heap of details off. Anyway, I will probably have a go an making one once my Vac Form is up and running.

I'll be modding tote boxes. I'm having a hard time finding them with flat sides and little to no handles. Within the last few months the storage boxes have been redesigned. I'll be abusing the computer here at work later and play some more on measurements.

I will probably make MDF forms for mine and Vac Form them. The only thing I have to watch is I can't go larger than 550mm for any part.

I've recently become interested in sourcing the original parts for building one of these, I'm in the uk and I've got a few leads and hunches I'm chasing for the boxes

Was looking through this thread. Does anyone know the source of the screen used containers ? I'm trying to build a gonk for a fan film

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back