Gollum Lord Of The Rings Life Size Display That I Repainted Smeagol

Monteburns

Sr Member
I repainted my Lifesize Gollum Lord Of The Rings display to have more pale white skin tones similar to the movie.
The sculpt is really good but the paintwork/ hair work need an upgrade which was a relatively easy fix.

I pulled out all the hair on the head as it & individually relayed it.
I also added eyebrows which are hard to see in the photos because of the lighting.

Before picture taken with flash.
In person the factory skin tones were very orange looking.

Paint upgrade picture taken with flash.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments on the paint upgrade.

If I wanted to do one more upgrade it would be adding glass eyes which would require removing the back of the head with a cut off wheel to gain access.
It is still a possibility if I feel like tackling it in the future which I likely will.

I generally will not alter numbered pieces but I knew I could make an improvement.
I did a similar project on my Jun Gremlin Stripe with decent results so I was not really worried about screwing this guy up.

The original paint up did look like a jersey shore spray tan especially for a guy that basically lives in a cave & this paint up is a much more pale look.
The original hair looked a little like Barbie hair plugs. lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back