Done / Completed Golden Time Travel Sphere from 'Dark'

Sandman0077

Sr Member
EDIT: Closing the run as no one seems interested. I'll reopen when I get the molds ready. I have uploaded the STL files to Cult3D for those wishing to print one themselves. Link Here.

As many of you know, I've been working hard on creating this awesome prop from Dark (Original Thread Here). Well, I am finally to the point where I can open up pre-orders for the first run of raw kits! I have my new SLA printer setup and dialed in, so I will begin printing the master parts tomorrow. I will then mold and cast the individual parts and get these babies rolling out.

If you read the original thread, you'll see that this replica features the spinning halves and removable particle and particle chamber.

I'll start the first run at 10, as there are a ton of folks over on reddit who are interested, and add as we go. Shipping will be prioritized by payment dates.

Price for the raw printed kits are $300, Shipped. I will offer international shipping, but buyer must cover shipping costs. Send payments to paypal.me/JoshEdgar and add your user name with the payment, please.

Pre-order List:
1. Jhowe1997 - PAID 08/03/2020

Lets do this!

Outside Done 3.png

All Knobs.png

asdf.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

.jpg

20200808_142824.jpg

20200808_142929.jpg

20200810_222943.jpg

20200810_223014.jpg

Attachments

• 20200810_223002.jpg
    20200810_223002.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Will the gaps between the engraved details in the main halves of the Orb be transparent to allow for internal LED lighting to shine through?
Thanks

Will the gaps between the engraved details in the main halves of the Orb be transparent to allow for internal LED lighting to shine through?
Thanks
No, but I could print it in a clear resin for that purpose at some point down the road. It would be a pain masking off all those lines for paint, though. I never intended on these having any electronic components.

First full print is done. I'd say it's about 95% there, as I need to play with some of the tolerances a bit.

hey sir, can you please PM me with the pics of all the parts of this 3D model? i mean i would like to see each piece separated, i would like to see if its possible to modify this model so that i can use some internal LEDs to create a circuit that turns them on as soon as i rotate the sphere. before buying the 3D model i need to see more of this, thanks :)
it would be nice if you also add them in the product page on cults3D. cheers!

hey sir, can you please PM me with the pics of all the parts of this 3D model? i mean i would like to see each piece separated, i would like to see if its possible to modify this model so that i can use some internal LEDs to create a circuit that turns them on as soon as i rotate the sphere. before buying the 3D model i need to see more of this, thanks :)
it would be nice if you also add them in the product page on cults3D. cheers!
You can view the individual parts on the cults page using the 3D View.

Just finished mine and I absolutely love it! The files are beautiful Josh, really well done, highly recommend to any DARK fan.

Attachments

• Portrait 1.png
    Portrait 1.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 1,108
Just finished mine and I absolutely love it! The files are beautiful Josh, really well done, highly recommend to any DARK fan.
Looks AMAZING, bro! Thank you for sharing. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

EDIT: Closing the run as no one seems interested. I'll reopen when I get the molds ready. I have uploaded the STL files to Cult3D for those wishing to print one themselves. Link Here.

As many of you know, I've been working hard on creating this awesome prop from Dark (Original Thread Here). Well, I am finally to the point where I can open up pre-orders for the first run of raw kits! I have my new SLA printer setup and dialed in, so I will begin printing the master parts tomorrow. I will then mold and cast the individual parts and get these babies rolling out.

If you read the original thread, you'll see that this replica features the spinning halves and removable particle and particle chamber.

I'll start the first run at 10, as there are a ton of folks over on reddit who are interested, and add as we go. Shipping will be prioritized by payment dates.

Price for the raw printed kits are $300, Shipped. I will offer international shipping, but buyer must cover shipping costs. Send payments to paypal.me/JoshEdgar and add your user name with the payment, please.

Pre-order List:
1. Jhowe1997 - PAID 08/03/2020

Lets do this!

View attachment 1333442
View attachment 1333443
View attachment 1333440
View attachment 1333441
View attachment 1333773
View attachment 1334717
View attachment 1334718
View attachment 1335522
View attachment 1335525
View attachment 1335521
View attachment 1334155
View attachment 1334400
My wife loved the series, and decided she really wanted me to buy a 3D printer when I showed her you were selling the files. Out of curiosity, how long does it take to make all the different parts? I’m debating printing it in copper, since no one seems to make Bronze filament, and using black for the God Particle capsule.

figuring out a way to light it would be amazing.

My wife loved the series, and decided she really wanted me to buy a 3D printer when I showed her you were selling the files. Out of curiosity, how long does it take to make all the different parts? I’m debating printing it in copper, since no one seems to make Bronze filament, and using black for the God Particle capsule.

figuring out a way to light it would be amazing.
Printing in resin took about 3 days for everything. That's on a Elegoo Mars, though, which has a very small build plate.

Lighting could be done by printing in clear resin, then masking off all of the lines and painting. Then the light would show through the clear lines.

Printing in resin took about 3 days for everything. That's on a Elegoo Mars, though, which has a very small build plate.

Lighting could be done by printing in clear resin, then masking off all of the lines and painting. Then the light would show through the clear lines.
I have a Voxelab Proxima, looks to be similar in size. Any hints on how many supports, and other tips? Interesting, I did see clear resin, but figured Gray would be a good start, so I could see problems.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back