Interest Golden gun run

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Edit January 2020:
In the end this is now a "between friends" project, numbered from 001 to 007, so I change the prefix.
I will share the project updates here.
The project is very costly for me, lots of time consuming, we found a way so each friend will pay the parts and cover my own golden gun cost, so I get the machining for free.
I may think about making a second project, simplier design, so the cost would be lower, depending on how many people would be interested.

Video is older design metal prototype.

Last edited:
Cigarette case engraving will be made by Murelli, the last french artisan making traditionnal guillochage.

Last edited:
You can see the video, it's working, quite nice but there are almost 2K$ for the parts, from shapeways, and many issues, as they have several suppliers and casters .
I am actually working to get the parts cast, but rough, and finish myself, to increase the quality, it needs all parts to be cast together, for now, I found no company to do it, none in same price range at least.
The gun has got strong update since I made the video.
For now I am offering the plastic version, best available design for now.

Very nice piece and video. I have an original of the Waterman pen as well and bought yours for comparison and it is excellent for a plastic version. I will have to stick with the plastic for now. Cheers John

Featuring some nice details, some change from 4K movie version and very interesting pictures from Ed Maggiani:

IMG_9544.JPG

-lighter furnace (not working)
-lighter gaz bolt, hiding the barrel
-opening cigarette case to put (quite small) cigarettes, cigarillo fits perfectly.
-opening pen, showing black nib block and gold plated nib (not working nib)

IMG_9540.jpg

Also changed the nib design, from a man 21 nib to a man 44 nib.
machine engraving on cigarette case, called "guilloché"
watchcase quality gold plating, 5 micron thickness, the plating itself is more expensive than the new FE gun.
I can consider making thinner gold plating to save fees, as just the plating should cost me 500€ vat excluded for one gun, before gold price rise.

For now, the price range 2500 to 3500€, will be refined once I get all parts in hand, if possible to discount with 10 piece order, and depending on the time I will have to spend to make full polish and assembly.

Last edited:
This will be shipped from France, I guess? I hope this doesn't fall under "price bashing", but I'd want to express my interest if you would be able to have the price below €2000. If this is not realistic, then forget my reply here...

I would really hope a price below 2000€
I can change the casing design, from a mahogany box to a more modern one, or leather looking box, this option can lower the price of 200€.
I can also put only one cufflink, making a lower total cost.
But the main thing to lower the cost would a a strong gold market lower value, because including the VAT, it makes 750€ just for gold plating....the price I pay, not the price I sell, I can lower thickness to 1 micron, stil better than shapeways , and less expensive.

Last edited:
Hi Patrice, I have been following the progress on your golden gun. Just crazy how accurate you are now.
I would be happy to get on the mini run.
I keep continuing selling sabers to get the cash :)

As agreed in PM I will take the 002 please.
Patrice has further improved the design using the 4k Screenshot. It will be so close to the real prop.
I am looking forward to it :)

No need to keep a spot for me, man. Seems price will be a bit too steep for me after all. Good luck with the run, though!

OK, list seems to be complete for now, one is not sure yet, so one spot may be still available.
3D plastic is ordered
machined parts are ordered
3D titanium on it's way
3D brass on it's way
Nothing done about the wooden cases yet.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back