Gold Leader Y-Wing

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Neisen body, scratch built engines with lots of 3D printed parts, and now I'm about halfway done with piping!

Comparing scratch built styrene and Form 2 parts with the castings:

Looks gorgeous! But my question is : what's wrong with the Nice-N cast? aren't most parts sourced from the original kits? I can see differences in the layout of the details. Is it because these are two different halves of the engine, or because the Nice_N one is wrong?

Gold Leader engines are a little rough, pattern-wise, and that, coupled with some differences in layout compelled me to make them from scratch. You'll never get resin to be truly round anyway, and I had the parts/tools, so I figured why not :)

Gold Leader engines are a little rough, pattern-wise, and that, coupled with some differences in layout compelled me to make them from scratch. You'll never get resin to be truly round anyway, and I had the parts/tools, so I figured why not :)

Thats the direction Andy is going with my build. Niesen body with original styrene cans incorporating steel armatures to keep them true. The Niesen body appears to be slightly more Red Jammer than completely Gold Leader. Do you agree?

Thats the direction Andy is going with my build. Niesen body with original styrene cans incorporating steel armatures to keep them true. The Niesen body appears to be slightly more Red Jammer than completely Gold Leader. Do you agree?

The body is Red Jammer, parts were removed/added to make it Tie Killer. You can see the scars where they were removed.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back