Gold Leader/TIE Killer

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I made a chunk of the eFX Gold Leader a few years ago (Steve Neisen then took it over the finish line in spectacular fashion, in an insane time crunch) and I had a spare casting... So I have been banging it together and making parts that are missing - like the under-head toggle switch (!) assembly.

Engines on this particular bird will be styrene, using the wing template I traced from an ILMer (!!). I am happy to report that the Red Jammer kit you guys have match, angle-wise, so congrats to whomever patterned that! John C or Isel?

Here are some pics!

IMG_1909.jpgIMG_1989.jpgywing.jpg

Pretty cool. Was that switch a decoration, or was it actually used for lighting of the original studio mini?

No way! All this time I thought it was another tank from the Centurion.

So if I may ask, do you know what this is? I've been searching for this one
ywing2.jpg

It's an ammo belt from the 1/24 Spitfire I think? One of the Airfix planes. The base I scratched - no one knows the block so I just laminated and cut styrene.

done.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty cool. Was that switch a decoration, or was it actually used for lighting of the original studio mini?

I assume it was functional? Every one kept telling me it was a tank, but I saw it as a toggle switch, especially since it fit into a cut out, and was angled the way a toggle switch bends... seemed like a logical thing to me that it would be functional. But to be honest, the toggle is just my personal theory that happens to look good/make sense. It very well could be something else.

Works for me! It looks switchy enough anyway, especially in that straight on bottom view shot you posted.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back