Going to Build Base

JPGHOST1

Hello

anyone know how to do the wire thing Uratz did like the underforms because i might make a bio

or does anyone know how to build a bio base

dont mind the pictures i changed the topic since this was an old one

Img00030.jpg

Img00030.jpg

Img00031.jpg

i think i know what to do

1) make a cardboard underform then make it a wire armature

2) tape it somehow

3) Put plaster bandages over it to harden

4) start putting clay

if im missing anyone steps please help mee since no one is replying

also im new to all of this sculpting and molding

Thank You

JP

I made my base in folowing mode ; I took a few sheets of styrene ,stick it one to each other and after it dryes I carve it carrefully in base shape of bio !take a lot of care to simetry! after you are shure it's ok ,take plaster bandages and cover it in the same way uratz did!;)

I made my base in folowing mode ; I took a few sheets of styrene ,stick it one to each other and after it dryes I carve it carrefully in base shape of bio !take a lot of care to simetry! after you are shure it's ok ,take plaster bandages and cover it in the same way uratz did!;)
is better if you have a big piece of styrene! save a lot of time and work!

Here is what I did today for my next sculpt. Plaster over the wire armature. I will use 3-5 rolls of plaster bandages for thickness.

- Plaster bandages are cut into strips of 30 cm length (approx. 12 inches) and laid the first layer over the armature.
- Spray over with a water spray thing - u know the ones for flowers/plants.
- Then flatten the layers over the armature. let the edges be dry for later.
- then add more layers jsut on the armature not over the edges until thick enough
- WHen its thick enough the first layer edges can be wrapped over and onto the top layers creating a clean round edge around it.
- let dry in sunlight or heat lamps.
- Add more layers later if not thick enough.

plasterarmature.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back