Going to build a Terror Dog head / neck

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TylerHam

Hi All -

I think my next project is going to be my first scratch buld - I would like to do a 1:1 terror dog head/ neck/ chest - Like for a wall mount -Similar to this rendering I found online:

attachment.php

Wondering if anyone has some good first steps? Was going to make the base out of styrofoam, then use clay for the details - One thing Im wondering is, is how big the head is? Im picturing like a big St Bernard...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jackdoud

Sr Member
I painted up this one for a friend of mine:
IMG_0479.jpg

He bought it off of ebay but the original creator is on GBFans, goes by the name of Venkman4077. My build thread is here: Zuul Head - Community - Ghostbusters Fans Forum with a link to his profile.

The thing is pretty big, bigger than a st. bernard, and I don't think it's even big enough. Check out the movie size in relation to Gozer:

TylerHam

Wow - Thanks for all the help so far guys -

Ya, I guess it is bigger - I have a CUJO head pull next to me and it looked the same size (related to my hand - I know.. ghetto measurement) but not it looks a lot bigger -

What would be cooler? a 1:1 head, or a version of the whole dog the size of the stop-mo model.. Im not sure which I want to do more

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.