Going for a hunt in the Minnesota woods

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

munson

Great pics, looks like you had a great time. The wooded setting looks perfect. It's nice a thick, yet not too thick. It actually resembles the forest from Predator. Did you have to go pretty far into the woods?

I know your suit is more of a Cold War era suit, but I think it would look good with some of the scenery were I reside. Most of my area has old, broken down coal mines and old coal shacks tucked away in the mountains. Most shacks have trees and all kind of stuff growing in them.

But still, awesome photo shoot!

MasterAnubis

Awesome!

I saw that second pic and thought for sure you were going to cloak. (I know, bomb gauntlet) That pose reminds me of P1 coming out of the water.

Elkman

Great pics, looks like you had a great time. The wooded setting looks perfect. It's nice a thick, yet not too thick. It actually resembles the forest from Predator. Did you have to go pretty far into the woods?

I know your suit is more of a Cold War era suit, but I think it would look good with some of the scenery were I reside. Most of my area has old, broken down coal mines and old coal shacks tucked away in the mountains. Most shacks have trees and all kind of stuff growing in them.

But still, awesome photo shoot!
Actually, I didn't have to go all that far into the woods. Paul has a trail that goes along his pastures and into the woods, so we drove my Jeep along that trail. ("Trail" might be giving it a little too much credit, since it's very lightly used.) In fact, I didn't notice until after I posted them, but in one of the pictures, you can just barely see my Jeep among the trees. Oops.

My character is based on the comic "Predator: Cold War", which is set in the 1980s or 1990s in Siberia. It's not really based on the actual Cold War. The idea of old coal mines and old coal shacks sounds interesting, though. There's an old World War II munitions factory, the Gopher Ordnance Works, in the Twin Cities area. It might still have enough structures standing to make for some interesting pictures. Here's a set from Flickr.

munson

Actually, I didn't have to go all that far into the woods. Paul has a trail that goes along his pastures and into the woods, so we drove my Jeep along that trail. ("Trail" might be giving it a little too much credit, since it's very lightly used.) In fact, I didn't notice until after I posted them, but in one of the pictures, you can just barely see my Jeep among the trees. Oops. :D

My character is based on the comic "Predator: Cold War", which is set in the 1980s or 1990s in Siberia. It's not really based on the actual Cold War. The idea of old coal mines and old coal shacks sounds interesting, though. There's an old World War II munitions factory, the Gopher Ordnance Works, in the Twin Cities area. It might still have enough structures standing to make for some interesting pictures. Here's a set from Flickr.

Alright! A Predator version of where's waldo..."try to find the Jeep". Did you wear the suit while driving in the Jeep? That would be an epic pic! A Predator out for a ride in the bush.

punhulk

nice pics elk and no wander the mice are hiding in your lair (basement)
your chasing them out of there trees in your pred haha

=)

Elkman

Alright! A Predator version of where's waldo..."try to find the Jeep". Did you wear the suit while driving in the Jeep? That would be an epic pic! A Predator out for a ride in the bush.
Wearing the suit while driving the Jeep would have been a little bit impractical. The feet are so large that I wouldn't have been able to press the clutch pedal without also hitting the brake, or hitting the accelerator without also hitting the brake. Plus, there's always that whole lack of peripheral vision thing.

If I had really wanted to use a Predator mode of travel, I could have flown a spacecraft into the forest, but then I would have had to build a spacecraft. There aren't any huntorials or templates here for that yet. :D