Godzilla : Oxygen Destroyer

Jonny B

In our shop, my Dad and I have a DVD player and TV playing Sci-Fi and Horror movies...all day long. You're just as likely to walk in and see Earth vs. the Flying Saucers as The Mummy, or Starship Troopers and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Darn near name it and we've got it.
Anyways, had Gojira playing today and at the end my Dad says "I wonder if anyones done the Oxygen Destroyer"
Well, a run to the computer got me this...

437384110502d59a3d81o.png

The tag says: Replica Oxygen Destroyer (Yours for only $11,000) and the real thing from the original GODZILLA...

...yipes...
I don't think I could afford this without giving up a few things...like electricity....and food.

However, building it...Yeah, that was what got me and my father into this all those years ago "Hey thats cool!...but expensive...I'll bet we could build it!"

So, anyone done one yet?

In our shop, my Dad and I have a DVD player and TV playing Sci-Fi and Horror movies...all day long. You're just as likely to walk in and see Earth vs. the Flying Saucers as The Mummy, or Starship Troopers and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Darn near name it and we've got it.
Anyways, had Gojira playing today and at the end my Dad says "I wonder if anyones done the Oxygen Destroyer"

The tag says: Replica Oxygen Destroyer (Yours for only $11,000) and the real thing from the original GODZILLA...

...yipes...
I don't think I could afford this without giving up a few things...like electricity....and food.

However, building it...Yeah, that was what got me and my father into this all those years ago "Hey thats cool!...but expensive...I'll bet we could build it!"

So, anyone done one yet?

godzilla is one of my favorite things ever and ive always wanted to make one, but unfortunatley never have.. so id love to see one made on here!

Used my Google Fu and found a lot of high res pictures of it. Believe it or not, the original prop is still at TOHO Pictures Studio. Even better, the pictures I have now have known objects in them so getting really close on size (within about 1/4") isn't going to be a problem.

Oh and...Dibs....called it :lol

We made plaster mixing vessels which looked exactly like those for a project in work. 11k sounds about right if its a 1 off aluminium body... I think we have a few scrap parts..hmmm >_>

Hahahahaha.... ya gotta love RvB:p

The more i look at it the more i think our designers just copied this... i wonder what other movie inspired gems are laying about:p

I will, of course, freely admit that living so near Corning New York...where Corning GLASS is, I have the advantage here...

102511164101.jpg

And started on the "Ball" as well. Should have the front done in a few days...
1025111638.jpg

Stay Tuned :lol

Some good sized balls there. Gonna be a nice project. I'm a long time Godzilla geek too. So this will be be one I follow as well.

...yipes...

So, anyone done one yet?
You know the real problem with them putting the 2 side-by-side like that? YOU CAN SEE JUST HOW INACCURATE THE REPLICA IS!!! :lol

Some good sized balls there. Gonna be a nice project. I'm a long time Godzilla geek too. So this will be be one I follow as well.

:confused:lol Love Godzilla as well. Very much looking forward to seeing this thread progress. I watch the old eps whenever I can. Someday I will have my Godzilla costume and a scaled city to unleash horror on. Oh yes...it will happen.

Wow that takes me back, i haven't seen that movie in years! Good luck with it.

Help time!

We roughed out the shapes for the 22 pieces but are still stumped on the guage. With the other projects getting done and production to start on the Battle Droids...there's not enough hours in the day anymore. I really need someone to find the guage for us. This has to be right and correct for two very important reasons:

1. This is the RPF, we don't build "close enough" we build HERO!

2. The $11,000 replica....dosen't have the right guage! :eek

I know, right? Here, look for yourself. This is the replicas guage....
o2dguage1.png

And here's the best I could get of the original screen used OD...
o2dguage2.png

Well thats just one of many:).. just search for a round analog amp meter and you should get a black spade dial on one of them.

Looking forward to these milled parts:)

Th person reporting the Oxygen Destroyer replica is incorrect. The Replica retailed for $1100.00. I recently got one of these from a friend in Japan.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back