Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Post-release)

What did you think of Godzilla: King of the Monsters?

• Total voters
Saw the trailer on the big screen when my son and I went to see Endgame- it looks really epic! The monsters are thankfully away from the rubber suits I grew up with- still love those old films but seeing these done in a realistic fashion is wonderful.
My only concern is that the trailer has all the action and the rest of the film is the slow buildup for 90 minutes

There is no 90 minute build up. There is action on and off through the whole film, right from the beginning. They pretty much let loose right from the films opening.

Rodan was a great addition to the fray. I do like that the monsters all answer to the alpha. Rodan is seriously the Starscream of the franchise though, he’ll literally just bow to whoever he thinks is the strongest...:lol

Loved G man going thermo ☢️ . Saw some complaints about how G man was standing up in the deepest part of the ocean...‍♂️ Who cares, it’s Godzilla. The story doesn’t have to be scientifically sourced at all...:lol

It was better than I was expecting however the script was written by a 15-year-old and the main characters were invincible. It will definitely lose the impact when viewed on a TV. I like how they made mention of the stoned Japanese guy from the first movie always saying let them fight. Lol!

Some cool tidbits from the directors twitter:

D8S1iPIWkAAW1bS.jpg

D8XtrTqXoAAFmvd.jpg
D8XtrTkWsAA1bGH.jpg

Well, in a lackluster summer box office, King of Monsters has just made double it's production budget. I hope that is enough for the studio to be comfortable with the new Monsterverse to keep it going.

Just got out 2 hours ago. Went in expecting nothing. Read no spoilers or reviews, went in completely blind, aaand my jaw dropped several times! I liked it more than i expected! I may have even loved it! I cannot wait for Kong vs Zilla! This monsterverse is insane! I would definitely see it again in theaters.

Took my youngest son (11) to see this and we both really enjoyed it. Really hope for the Monsterverse to continue.

It's made about 220% of it's production budget. With no huge stars to pay like most super hero movies.
I would think we should see more. But it’s less money than the first film made which I find odd since we had Godzilla’s three big co-stars.

Finally got around to seeing it this weekend. The wife has been bugging me to see it since it came out. She's a huge Godzilla fan, and I liked the movie more than she did. My daughter is convinced that Mothra was actually a butterfly.

-OWK

Took my mother to see this over the weekend because she loves Godzilla movies, and she absolutely LOVED it. We kinda thought the part with Godzilla's lair being in Atlantis was hokey, but it was a blast! The returning OG theme was perfecto, and I LOVED how Godzilla's roar became shorter, sharper, and higher pitched when he was nuclearized. It sounded a lot like the classic roar! Perfect Godzilla movie, probably the best yet I'd say.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back