Godzilla 2014

Mike J.

Master Member
Since we're on the cusp of the home video release, and I didn't see a previous catch-all Godzilla 2014 thread, I thought I'd get this one started.

Everybody has seen these IDs, right? They were some of the hidden treasures on the viral marketing website.

PS: Anybody know a good plastic card printer?

-MJ

Attachments

• ID_CARD_Graham.jpg
    ID_CARD_Graham.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 82
  • ID_CARD_JOE.jpg
    ID_CARD_JOE.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 86
  • ID_CARD_SANDRA.jpg
    ID_CARD_SANDRA.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 70
  • MUTORESEARCH_FILE_BROWSER_-_SERIZAWA_-_4_-_MONARCH_ID_SERIZAWA.jpg
    MUTORESEARCH_FILE_BROWSER_-_SERIZAWA_-_4_-_MONARCH_ID_SERIZAWA.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 69
No love for 2014 Godzilla? I find that hard to believe. Here's another paper prop from the viral website.

Attachments

• GZ_MONARCH_SURVEILLANCE_REPORT_SERIZAWA.jpg
    GZ_MONARCH_SURVEILLANCE_REPORT_SERIZAWA.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 86
On a side note, I can confirm that the ID cards above were used in the film. Don't know if they were in their 'weathered' state, though. I suspect not.

Attachments

• Janjira ID.png
    Janjira ID.png
    243.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Serizawa ID.png
    Serizawa ID.png
    509.5 KB · Views: 35
Oh, I've got the ID cards handled. Let me save you the trouble. The text all seems to make sense, too. Mostly. Things like 'employee number' and 'identification code' and 'clearance level.'

Some of that text under "Janjira Research Facility" didn't translate correctly thru Google, but I have the correct Japanese. If I could find a card printer, we could sell these. I even designed a back for the Monarch card...

Fair warning, these cards are a slightly odd size. They're shorter than they should be. I don't know if that's a Japanese card standard or what....

Attachments

• Monarch-Janjira-Card-1.jpg
    Monarch-Janjira-Card-1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 48
Oh, I've got the ID cards handled. Let me save you the trouble. The text all seems to make sense, too. Mostly. Things like 'employee number' and 'identification code' and 'clearance level.'

Some of that text under "Janjira Research Facility" didn't translate correctly thru Google, but I have the correct Japanese. If I could find a card printer, we could sell these. I even designed a back for the Monarch card...

Fair warning, these cards are a slightly odd size. They're shorter than they should be. I don't know if that's a Japanese card standard or what....

Did you figure out the text underneath the Janjira Research Facility?

The text under "Janjira Research Facility" is 雀路羅市放射線研究施設, which Google translates as "Suzume-ji City radiation research facility."

I dunno if "Janjira" is an alternate reading of that or what. It's one of Google's few fumbles, almost everything else translates cleanly.

Is there any significance to the name "Janjira"? Is it a reference to something? An inside joke?

-MJ

- - - Updated - - -

Those Monarch tags are nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's something I'm happy to share: one of the flash photos taken in the Philippines. This is (duh) a screencap from the film.

Attachments

• Phillippines Photo.jpg
    Phillippines Photo.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 40
Total Fictional Poster I just finished. I'm really liking the Janjira logo, it just fits. (thanks for the logo Mike!)
Poster Jin 2.png

EDIT: Just finished adding some tags to the Philippines photo

photo with tags 2.png

Last edited:
There are two other test patterns / titlecards Monarch uses in the film; here are screencaps.

Attachments

• Monarch Eyes Only Titlecard.png
    Monarch Eyes Only Titlecard.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 32
  • Monarch Eyes Only.png
    Monarch Eyes Only.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 30
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back