Gnarls Barkley Vader Video

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by jabbanobotha, Jun 25, 2006.

1. jabbanobotha

jabbanobotha New Member

Not sure how many have already seen this, but it's always cool to see folks proudly flying their Star Wars freak flag on national television.

Check out Chewy on the drums...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCWJVvE0Fk

Josh

2. redeye

redeye Well-Known Member

I have seen this before. It's pretty kewl. I wonder what they do with the costumes after they do the song?

3. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Sr Member

Give them back to the members of the San Diego Star Wars Society whom they borrowed them from.

4. Darth Domain

Darth Domain Well-Known Member

Cool Vader costume, but i still think that is a weird stage performance

5. theyrenotdolls

theyrenotdolls Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i saw this performance and really enjoyed it.

amazing how Star Wars is still showing up in pop culture over a year after ep.3 STAR WARS is forever, right?

6. IndyMike

IndyMike New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this odd. It caught my eye while flipping past. It had cool elements, but I was trying to figure out the relevance of having the band dressed as SW characters. I didn't catch anything in the lyrics to link the song with SW.

Chewie playing drums was pretty cool, but I think he was playing to a track as a few times he seemed to be off the beats I was hearing.

On a whole, what I saw of the movie awards was pretty disappointing. The host, while hot, seemed to be forcing the jokes.

7. Ghadrack

Ghadrack Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(mmarosy @ Jun 26 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]1268672[/snapback]</div>

I read an article about this band in a magazine recently, their schtick is that they will only be filmed or phtographed in movie costumes, in the article I read the brains behind the band was wearing a big pink panther costume and the heavyset rapper was dressed as inspector Cluseau (sp). Anyhow, so that's all I know about them and the relevance of their costumes.