Glove Makers! We need help!

BLAST

I may not be the best representative to start this thread, but I'm sure others will chime in. As far as I know, every Power Rangers series (and Japanese Sentai from Zyuranger on, since that's the earliest I've seen) has used the same base pair of gloves, only sometimes varying in color. They are leather, with 5 ribs along the knuckles and a zipper a few inches up the arm. They are usually covered with gaunlets that are different depending on the series (and some series don't use gauntlets)

daigloves.jpg

daigloves1.jpg

daigloves2.jpg

212oj.jpg

Is there anyone here that can make affordable base leather gloves for the many Ranger costumers out there? I'd be in for 5+ pairs, and I know there are countless others who have used thin spandex gloves or painted black motorcycle gloves who would be in, pending price.

Someone help an entire genre's prop community out.

These are made of soft goatskin. I can provide big scans of my pair of sentai gloves for anyone with the skills to make these.

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jun 12 2006, 05:56 AM) [snapback]1260440[/snapback]</div>
Anyone know what the gloves originally cost?
[/b]
When available throug auction, these can ranger from $70.00 to $100.00 a pair. Depends of the color. White ones are the hardest to find and the most on demand.

I don't think these are comercially available at all. I've seen some knock-off, but only in black.

Another option for you is to buy the black ones and use leather paint to color them. Here's the co that I use. Go to products/leather paint.
They sell a big variety of colors that can be intermixed, and a few different whites.
http://www.angelusshoepolish.com/
I've done this MANY times. PM me if you want any more info,
Jayn

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back