Globo Gym Purple Cobras

seswa

i'd like to make this costume for my husband but its a little out of my league. where would you guys suggest starting?
it looks like the shirt and pants are similar to regular athletic wear, but the chest, shoulder, bicep, and back armor looks really unique. ideas?

much thanks..

dodgeball_wideweb__430x288.jpg

The shirt is an Underarmor brand shirt. The pants look like two layers, football pants for the top and an Underarmor compression pant for the purple. As far as the armor goes, it looks almost like motocross armor if memory serves.

the "deltoid" arm armor looks to me like regular old fashioned knee protectors.

no idea on the forearm pieces, but check out shin protectors for kids, like soccer, etc.

good luck.
chris

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ Jun 10 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]1259739[/snapback]</div>
the "deltoid" arm armor looks to me like regular old fashioned knee protectors.
[/b]

The fist thing I thought when I saw that picture was, "That shoulder pad is way too small".
The second thing I thought was, "That looks more like a knee pad than shoulder protection".

The back plate is definitly "road armor" for sport bikes. The shoulders and forarms are most likely sports equipment: shin guards and knee pads.

I'm no so sure about the chest plate. It's too small to really be torso protection. Perhaps it's another "misplaced" found item like the knee pads on the shoulders. If you can't find anything similar in the Sporting Goods section, it should be easy enough to fake it with a large piece of sheet ABS or styrene. Is the Cobra emblem raised? You could cut that out of plastic as well and glue to base piece.

<div class='quotetop'>(RICHIES ARMOR @ Jun 12 2006, 09:59 AM) [snapback]1260524[/snapback]</div>
Try 661 motorcross suits.

Richie
[/b]
Yup, those are the ones I found on Sierra Trading. There is no knee pad sewn on, just part of the suit. Good looking stuff.

thanks so much everyone.. i have been tracking down all the pieces everyone has been suggesting and will hopefully start to make some purchases and get one together.
i'll keep ya'll posted.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back