Glendon's (Guan-Thwei) Predator

Robillicus

Hello all!!

I haven't been on a hiatus, but I've just been so busy with work and moving into a house. So, as you can imagine, I've not had time to post up some of the drawings I've been working on. This one was for a fellow board member, Glendon.

Basically, he sent me some photo's of what he wanted, and I combined them into what you see here. This "Gen 1" drawing is what I came up with. I adhered tightly to the reference, and the drawing is some-what rough, awkward, and just a general feel of the character. I am by no means done with the concept, and I will continue to blue-print him down to the most minute of details.

I also wanted to post this, as it is a real collaboration of Lair members. To me, this is what this whole place is about. Anyways, enough button-tickling, and on to the picture!

GlendonP-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!! :D

Sorry for the repeat comment. same as fb but........

****, simply jaw dropping, he has a task bringing that to life.but it should be awesome.

Whoa! Mommy!

You mean to tell me Glendon is going to take this design and make his suit based of of it?

Holy balls of Beezlebub Batman. That is frikkin' beautiful.

Pure eye candy Rob! Glen is going to drool when he sees that in person. Your drawings are the ****...
Sorry for the repeat comment. same as fb but........
****, simply jaw dropping, he has a task bringing that to life.but it should be awesome.
Whoa! Mommy!
You mean to tell me Glendon is going to take this design and make his suit based of of it?
Holy balls of Beezlebub Batman. That is frikkin' beautiful.
Yeah I have also responded on Facebook as well, but Rob I can't thank you enough for wishing to take part in this project with me because your skills I feel are amazing and the drawing is almost exactly how I imagined this particular Predator to look. You "WOW" everyone with every swipe of the pencil we always get excited when you post new work.

To describe the reason I decided to go custom was because I really couldn't pick a certain Predator to make because of the many list of variations that this character has. At times I felt that I just wanted to get a Predator done and out of the way whether it be P1 or P2, but after seeing this artwork I'm even more driven to get MY Predator done and wear it with pride. I hope to make Rob proud as we work on this project together to bring this bad ass beast to life making sure every single detail, nook, and cranny is sculpted in clay nothing will be missed what will be done to one side will be exactly done to the other side measure twice, sculpt once. I will post the pictures I gave to Rob showing where I got my ideas from here sometime tomorrow.

Thanks again Rob (y)

Rob I literally sat here for about 10 minutes trying to think of something better to say than "Holy ******* **** this is covered in all kinds of awesomesauce," but I really couldn't think of anything because it's just to damn distracting. Glen Is super lucky to have someone as talented as you to do this, and I honestly can't wait to see this through to the end.

-Chris

Yeah... this thing is just !!!WICKED SICK!!!!

I is envious with happiness for you Glendon. You are definitely going to have one of the coolest original's around. Can't wait to see the progress. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! If ever there where a BADASS HUNTER you NAILED IT!!The detail is simply amazing and poise perfect!!Thank you for sharring, can't wait to see him come alive:)
cheers
Rhonda

This is going to sound so silly, because you have so many beautiful details on the armour and the skin, but the thing I like the most... is how you draw dreads. :p I never get mine like I want them but yours look splendid every damn time!

Now, I gonna scroll back up and stare some more on the drawing.... you wouldn't happen to have a pic with higher res?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back