Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery

Gimpdiggity

Master Member
Surprised we didn’t have a thread about this already.

I got around to watching it tonight and absolutely loved it. It was well acted, I liked the way the story was told, and I found it to be pretty funny.

These “detective” films are starting to become one of my favorite types of movies right now…both Knives Out films were great, and I really enjoyed Murder On The Orient Express and Death On The Nile.

It's another one of those movies that is technically well done, but if you think about the plot, the whole thing falls apart as an exercise in ridiculous conveniences.

It's another one of those movies that is technically well done, but if you think about the plot, the whole thing falls apart as an exercise in ridiculous conveniences.

I think Critical Drinker read your post above and ran with it!

I think Critical Drinker read your post above and ran with it!
He's not the only one. Lots of people have said it. There are a lot of movies out there that are so absurdly contrived that if one thing doesn't go exactly right, the entire plot falls apart. That doesn't mean that Glass Onion was awful, it was just... not great.

Oh lordy!.. You're right Cephus!.. the plot, the location, the characters, the costumes, the entire quirky vibe.. why didn't i see it before?!!
Tarnation, gentlemen!.. I do believe it was meant to be absurd!!

Technically isn't that the story of life though?

i.e. isn't life just a whole series of "if one thing doesn't go right the whole thing can fall apart" coincidences

I mean sure, the plot probably is a Rube Goldberg style plan, but everything just happened to go right this time. I think people often get too hung up on "contrived" plots.

What plot isn't contrived to some degree?

Now believable or likely is a different story.

I enjoyed the first one....but of course it's basically a remake of any of the 'Murder on the...' films/genre. So as a one off it was new and a little different, as a series it's repetitive and predictable, therefore I wouldn't watch one again. Ultimately any franchise is the same, story arc, plot etc, just rinse and repeat.

I suppose we as humans are fundamentally boring, our lives and stories, all the same, told with only slightly different variances....:unsure:;):lol::cool:

Nah, Drinker is cool. I could see where his persona wouldn't work for some but he's not like the ones that ONLY talk about outrage topics. If you watch his "After Hours" channel, there's more in-depth discussions there. He knows his stuff more than most other youtubers that just rant.

Nah, Drinker is cool. I could see where his persona wouldn't work for some but he's not like the ones that ONLY talk about outrage topics. If you watch his "After Hours" channel, there's more in-depth discussions there. He knows his stuff more than most other youtubers that just rant.
Hardest of passes.

Nothing at all cool about him. His schtick wore thin ages ago. He’s basically a cross between an angsty teenage edgelord and a “Get Off My Lawn!” neighbor. All of their weaknesses, none of their strengths.

The internet would be a better place without him.

Hardest of passes.

Nothing at all cool about him. His schtick wore thin ages ago. He’s basically a cross between an angsty teenage edgelord and a “Get Off My Lawn!” neighbor. All of their weaknesses, none of their strengths.

The internet would be a better place without him.
Well, like I said. Not for everybody. I might have bad taste. Haha

I thought it was okay, fairly funny at the start but it wore thin about halfway through. Craig's terrible accent makes his character come across too goofy, I mean if he's purposely doing it THAT bad...someone should have told him to stop.
Knives out was pretty fun but Johnson's script needed some help this time around.
I gave it 2 1/2 stars.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back