Glaive design

AgentK

This is the second glaive I have made. When you work in a prison at night watching after the worst of the worst, you start thinking of what good a pred could do there.
I have over a hundred designs from glaives to swords, axes and daggers. I took the original to DCon years ago with a crappy ghoul character. I had offers of 200-400 bucks! One was from a guy in a preddie! I love the idea that elders prefer hand weapons. Being a martial artist myself, (over 30+ years in the arts), this is very personal to me. I love the novels! I have almost all the graphic novels as well.
As for the glaive,... It's made of hardwood, painted in black, silver, and copper. There are three pieces of grip tape. BTW, The Sports Authority has an INCREDIBLE selection of griptape pax! 6 rolls/1.25'' x 10 yds= 17 bucks! As cheap as 3.99/roll if bought one off. It is great when holding stuff with latex covered hands. No slippy! The blades have two dowel pins 3" long going through both bldes and the handle on each side. 2 on each end that is. My pred costume will be for pixops and marketing the weapons on my website. I am a member of a local theater troupe that does everything from Medieval Faires to Vampire photo shoots and Movie Theater Openings.

January 2010 look for Robin Hood vs. Predator pix! Gonna be awesome!

ATX.jpg

At the local faire, we alternate Robin Hood with King Arthur every other year. I make chainmail, so I am working on a St.George's dragon Pred as well.
Dragons=Aliens? Spitting fire? Preds as dragons? Fireballs? Walk upright like a man! Hmmm,...

I like the design on that. ;)
And Robin Hood vs Predator sounds interesting... wonder what will happend. :) Will Robin steal some of his stuff?

Very cool design.

Robin from Locsley will loose his head.... my 5 cent to this case...

I talked to some of our cast for this year, and a COUPLE of people would LOVE to see this photo shoot! Many want to be IN it! The Sheriff, Robin Hood, and others! I am picturing the pred holding a skull/spine high with a crusader helm still on the head!
I modified the glaive so it breaks apart! That was my original plan, based on one of the comix.

Also a lot easier to ship/transport when NOT 6' long!

splitglaive.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back