GLADIATOR

Chewie15

Sr Member
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity."

Hi Everyone.

I was having some fun with a 1:1 bust of Crowe I sculpted about 2 years ago by making him Maximus from 'Gladiator'. I just sculpted some hair on my bald bust and here he is...

glad3.jpg

glad2.jpg

glad.jpg

H

SWEET MAN. I would love to paint one of those and make a life size statue with complete armor and helmet.

Howard, are you going to offer castings of that Gladiator head?

Fantastic work as always Howard. I have always admired your work, and you continue to amaze me. PM sent for some info.

Gator

thats actually pretty cool looking. the top pic i mean. its like a marble or granite statue, but with gold highlights for the hair. looks like something out of the old roman/byzantine empire. very cool.

awesome work as usaul .

chris

Originally posted by RacerX@Mar 14 2006, 10:08 PM
Doesn't look like R. Crowe at all to me. More like Lee Majors(aka Six Million Dollar man)
[snapback]1205794[/snapback]​

Wow. You nailed it... it was really a Lee Majors bust. Man... you sure do have a great eye, don't you? :confused

In all fairness I do not think this is my best likeness, it was done about two years ago and later this week I'll be posting my latest which looks much closer to the subject...

...but DUDE.. That's fricking rude.

H

Thats funny Racer X, i don't think it looks like Lee Majors at all...I think it looks like Maximus Desimus Aridius.

Awesome work again Chewie...this would really look good w/ the opening scene armor im making...

Yeah, but seriously, way to make a good impression on a powerful Vet here at RPF Racer X...good job...really...

Originally posted by Chewie15+Mar 14 2006, 10:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chewie15 @ Mar 14 2006, 10:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-RacerX
@Mar 14 2006, 10:08 PM
Doesn't look like R. Crowe at all to me. More like Lee Majors(aka Six Million Dollar man)
[snapback]1205794[/snapback]​

Wow. You nailed it... it was really a Lee Majors bust. Man... you sure do have a great eye, don't you? :confused

In all fairness I do not think this is my best likeness, it was done about two years ago and later this week I'll be posting my latest which looks much closer to the subject...

...but DUDE.. That's fricking rude.

H
[snapback]1205819[/snapback]​
[/b]

Rude?Why? Cause I said I didn't like it? No offense meant. I just look at this piece and can't see Crowe in there, sorry.

Originally posted by LittleOleBountyHunter@Mar 15 2006, 07:51 AM
Thats funny Racer X, i don't think it looks like Lee Majors at all...I think it looks like Maximus Desimus Aridius.

Awesome work again Chewie...this would really look good w/ the opening scene armor im making...

Yeah, but seriously, way to make a good impression on a powerful Vet here at RPF Racer X...good job...really...
[snapback]1205823[/snapback]​

a powerful rpf vet? since when did anyone here become 'powerful' because of how long they've been here? If he's such a powerful vet he can take care of himself and doesn't need someone else chiming in for him(which he already did). Maybe Racer X didn't have the best way about presenting his opinion, but you were just as rude to go in and blast a new member because he made a mistake. Way to show how members who've been here a while treat others. Great job.

I gotta say this. Chewie, I love your work, always have. But this is an open forum. People are allowed to state their opinions. The guy didn't say it looks like crap. He just said he didn't like it. I don't feel there was anything rude about it.

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Mar 14 2006, 10:59 PM
I gotta say this.  Chewie, I love your work, always have.  But this is an open forum.  People are allowed to state their opinions.  The guy didn't say it looks like crap.  He just said he didn't like it.  I don't feel there was anything rude about it.
[snapback]1205831[/snapback]​

Seriously... I see about 75% of the stuff on here I think looks like doodoo, am to say it looks like doodoo? I have a tad more respect for people that work their butts off.

I also had the right to say what I said...

H

Guys... I've had a chat with Howard, and he assures me that this is just a show-off thread. :)

Please no more "I'm interested" or "I want one" posts.

Thanks.

Lonnie

Hey Howard,

This piece looks SWEET man. :)

I would love to sling some paint on this bad boy. B)

°Jeff

camper

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back