GLADIATOR - Maximus 1:4 statue -FINISHED pics in last post.

ob1al

Sr Member
This arrived yesterday:

033.jpg

It's a really amazing sculpt and a nice - BIG - kit. Was made in very limited numbers, so I'm happy to finally snag one.

Here's a test fit of some of the kit parts from tonight, nothing glued yet:

IMG_0824.jpg

I'm looking forward to finishing the build-up and starting to paint! Should be a nice challenge.

Al

Last edited:
Re: Gladiator Maximus 1:4 figure kit buildup & paint

Thanks guys, today I had a few hours to clean up the parts and make a secure mounting system to keep the heads interchangable.

Re: Gladiator Maximus 1:4 figure kit buildup & paint

The kit is finally built and I'm making progress with the paintwork.

There are still more kit parts to trim, sand, prime, paint and add, but here's where I am up to as of tonight. I'm guessing it's around 70% complete at this stage:

IMG_0863.jpg

I turned my back for a minute and the wine was gone! :confused

Re: Gladiator - Maximus 1:4 statue - buildup & paint

Thanks dude. I love your painting work so that means a lot.

That is the Dog's B****x Mate. It really looks like Ol' Russell too! Now THAT is skill!

Thanks mate!

Here are a couple more progress pics from today - still have to add the leather parts to the skirt, sword blade and paint the base, plus some fine tuning here and there - but he's almost done!

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

Al

Thanks guys.

This was a really great kit, Andy Bergholtz knocked the likeness out of the ball park, which made the build and paint-up a lot easier.

I will have some finished photos up in a day or two.

Re: Gladiator - Maximus 1:4 statue -FINISHED!

I finished this up today - I decided to go with the helmetless head to recreate the final battle. I made some rose petals for the floor, added some extra blue fabric to the lower neck and made a small necklace, as Maximus wears one throughout the film.

Here's the finished piece:

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

Regards

Al

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back