Gladiator Helmet Factory X original hard to find these days?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by FastballSpecial, Aug 29, 2015.

1. FastballSpecial

FastballSpecial Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello everyone,

I'm new to RPF but am on other forums mostly for Star Wars. I wanted to ask the experts If the Factory X Gladiator Helmet is worth much these days. I'm doing some cleaning and found it in my closet after all these years. Might just dust it a bit and find a place for it but haven't decided.

edit: pictures added. Can anyone suggest what to use to get the tarnished look out? I know it's 18 and 20 gauge steel but I feel this might be out of my skill level.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  2. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Yes. It's by far the best and they don't seem to come up much. I have one and love it. Anything else compared to it is junk. I would list it on Ebay (Worldwide) and make sure you list it here and a few other prop boards. We have a number of Gladiator fans here that would be interested. Probably $300 to $400 range would be my guess.

3. FastballSpecial

Thanks for the info ! I would definitely sell it much cheaper on the forums than on Evilbay. Going to dust it off and get some proper photos taken.

4. FastballSpecial

Added photos! Anyone sugguest something to get that tarnished look out? I'm looking to sell anyway but if anyone's interested let me know!

5. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

You might want to leave it. It looks much more screen accurate. The new Factory X is way to shiny.

I sandblasted mine as I am going for a screen accurate look. Need to add weathering, etc.

6. FastballSpecial

Yea it does look more weathered and real. Thanks! I do prefer my stuff have that "lived in" or weathered look.

7. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

He has two different helmets in the scene. Yours looks like his main Hero helmet but then suddenly at the end of the battle, but before he faces off with Commodus he has a different one that is much more "pit filled" is the best way to describe it. Fortunately it's back to the Hero before the great Commodus scene.

It actually comes in two pieces. You never see him take it off or put it on in a clean shot because the helmet design made it impossible to get on and off and still fit snug against his face.

If you put your helmet on you will notice what I mean when you look at yourself in the mirror and then a pic of him.

I modded mine for the face plate to fit snug (as in my nose is in the nose part like his was) but comes off with magnets. I can just barely move it out so I can get it off without tearing my nose off but can do it in one motion and make it look like the helmet is still together.

I think his hero helmet was actually rubber.

I don't know if you wanted to know any of that but I love to share useless knowledge.

8. FastballSpecial

Oh oh yea this is a very snug fit. It doesn't easily come off and on.

I love how movies use different props for different scenes and learning what those were. Just another reason collecting replicas is fun to do. Although not fun on the wallet.