Gizmo Gremlins 2 sculpt latex.

Thanks I'll take a look. I've been wondering if I should re do his mouth again (I've already done 8 gizmo mouths) or leave this version and start work on my puppet version. this is all clay so its very heavy as you can see here. Theres also a few practice mouths for other projects Gremlins fans might recognise. Im only Just starting out and my props collection has grown quickly but enjoy the ones I have put together the most. I have allot to learn when it comes to materials though and I would much appreciate the in put from members. My aim is to have as near perfect Gizmo puppet as possible. I'll need glass eyes better fur and a far better understanding of latex to get there though. p.s ignore his feet in these pics I broke those off and made new toes.

img hosting

image hosting free no registration

Last edited:
Rambo Gizmo mark 2. this will change, white eye patch is too big and angled wrong gonna try using a metal mesh face plate to shape it better. feel like I'm getting closer though. all be it still clay prototype. mouth is still wrong. eyes need a repaint too.

Last edited:
feel like a more classic mouth might help as this rambo smirk is making him look a little like something else and with the mesh his eye fur should pop a bit better.

Last edited:
Thanks ,I have made this one as cheaply as possible to get a feel for building him. It's a wire skeleton with clay first air dry or in the oven. Then I gave him a coat of latex before painting then adding fur. Ive taken him apart many times and put him back and he seems to be lasting. My intention is to make him in a latex fur and resin form as a puppet once I'm ready. I'll be doing my sculpts with monster clay and casting from then on to get a softer look with more detail . I'm maxing out with these cheaper materials.

Further small steps in the right direction I think. Ive ordered an accurate pencil and tub and will be using Vormz label if he's ok with that for the arrow. Ill be starting my new Mogwai shortly and have learned so much on this one Im looking forward to putting it in to practice.

image upload no registration

paint job and touching up to do but I think Ill settle on this pretty much as final prototype I don't have the cold blood enough to take this one apart again so on with the new. but he will have slightly higher and longer white sleeves. I will be tackling combat Gizmo when Ive learned more to make him even more accurate in the future.

Further small steps in the right direction I think. Ive ordered an accurate pencil and tub and will be using Vormz label if he's ok with that for the arrow. Ill be starting my new Mogwai shortly and have learned so much on this one Im looking forward to putting it in to practice.

paint job and touching up to do but I think Ill settle on this pretty much as final prototype I don't have the cold blood enough to take this one apart again so on with the new. but he will have slightly higher and longer white sleeves. I will be tackling combat Gizmo when Ive learned more to make him even more accurate in the future.

You can use it, no problem. That's why I shared ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back