Gizmo Corvette from Gremlims

3A8B0090-8B7F-465C-B092-A9CAE1DEE2D9.jpeg

Here’s mine. Orange and blue , I guess. I bought them separately to get the right size orange and blue cases. The orange one should be slightly bigger than the blue one. Tried to match up the decals best I could go blurry screen caps. Also noticed that on some scenes the side lower decal is one way on on other scenes it is reversed, with the solid block of pink facing forward or backward.

Speaking of which, look what JUST arrived at my door 10 minutes ago!
When my wife saw it she just looked at me and said, “That’s a really pretty car, Nancy.”:lol:
After I explained why I bought it, her eyes got really big! (She loves Gremlins)

Attachments

• FD0E1018-F9E8-4F6D-A9EA-B3EA1969F6D8.jpeg
    FD0E1018-F9E8-4F6D-A9EA-B3EA1969F6D8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I know this is an older thread, but it’s such a good resource and inspiration.

After purchasing a Medicom Gizmo last month, I had the thought of displaying him alongside the Barbie Dreamvette car. After google searching, I came across this thread and it was a fascinating read with all the research involved. Thanks to pilonieta, I had to get the wheels/tires as well as the luggage set.
I’m not going all out yet with a remote control car since this will be a static display, however, I have a second car that I purchased for that future build and extra set of wheels/tires and luggage.

I couldn’t find the large luggage in orange, but I found the same pink and blue set that was available of the same type and look.
My wife had some apricot orange Rit synthetic dye available, so I tried to dye the pink luggage.
I think it turned out well, much better than if I tried to paint it.
I’ll see if I can buy a brighter orange dye to see if it will make a difference for my second one.
Anyway, here’s what it looks like:
14279F5F-4A85-4175-83FC-E1EC044A99D1.jpeg

There seems to be an orange one in that listing but what you did is a good alternative. The orange suitcase is def more difficult to find.
Look for item number 165137723328 on ebay.

I managed to find myself a pair a few months back with original stickers!
I just got a TOTS as well, as this one is a medicom haha
10A3E67B-A6E9-4FB1-B209-F55BE09C5479.jpeg

2BD33ECF-35B8-49AD-B16D-72E40D6CF6ED.jpeg

Excellent find! Hopefully I can find one at a decent price one day, but for something that won’t really be seen, I think the dyed luggage works for now.

Here’s my setup at the moment. I found an aquarium at Walmart for under $40, put it on its side and added a black foam cover for the “back”.
I’ll be working on getting the wheels fitted and getting the windshield on. The second car I purchased should be coming soon.
1DE3B77E-E589-41F6-98AA-6247F30B78A7.jpeg

Does anyone have a file for the the correct Iris size? I’d love to make the eyeballs, but I no longer have a printer, so the local Kinkos is my only option.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back