Gino/CRPROPS "appraisal" Helmet #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconV8

I have a GINO/CRPROPS #8 ANH Stunt that has been signed by Dave Gielda. I paid 650 for it. What are these going for these days, don't ever see any of them up for sale really....

CM

Originally posted by FalconV8@Jan 26 2006, 04:59 PM
I have a GINO/CRPROPS #8 ANH Stunt that has been signed by Dave Gielda. I paid 650 for it.  What are these going for these days, don't ever see any of them up for sale really....

CM
[snapback]1168762[/snapback]​

I had one once and I sold it. Wish I hadn't. You paid what I paid for mine though. They are great helmets.......

Hey neighbour - I've got #7...

Although unfortunately mine has a number of cracks in the Styrene including a hirline one thats about 3-4" long running across the femail curve/tumbelhome on the back :(

I think Dave was originally selling these for around $700 although could be wrong.

I think he and Gino made at least 50 so not sure what their "value" is.

Cheers

Jez

Nowhere near 50. Not even in the ballpark.
Also, I wouldn't put much stock in the "number" on the helmet. There was not an edition that they came from. Dave numbered some of his helmets just for kicks but like I said, I wouldn't rely on that number as being true as I know for a fact that they aren't.

To be fair gino you've said on more than one occasion that you did two "versions" of this helmet. One with a different cap/back? Even two smakll runs of 30+20 would still make 50.

Cheers

Jez

Just because they were made doesn't mean they were offered.
I'm quite confident that I have the largest collection of trooper helmets on the rpf.

And just to clarify, the newest version of helmet is very different and comes solely from me, not CRProps.

So are you saying you and Dave made somehting like 50 helmets and then stuck them all away in a cupboard somewhere? :rolleyes

Cheers

Jez

I used to have a CRPROPs helmet that I got from Dave G for $650. Took a few months to get but it was a nice helmet...wish I still had it for reference ;).

I'm guessing they are worth about $250-350 now...at least based on Ebay sales of stunt helmet replicas...
:cheers,

Thomas

Do you have to drag every Gino thread down. :rolleyes

So are you saying you and Dave made somehting like 50 helmets and then stuck them all away in a cupboard somewhere? rolleyes.gif

The guy wanted an idea what the helmet was worth.....

Geez

Originally posted by SithLord@Jan 26 2006, 03:50 PM
I used to have a CRPROPs helmet that I got from Dave G for $650. Took a few months to get but it was a nice helmet...wish I still had it for reference ;).

I'm guessing they are worth about $250-350 now...at least based on Ebay sales of stunt helmet replicas...
:cheers,

Thomas
[snapback]1168917[/snapback]​

None of those helmets on Ebay are GINO/CRPROPS helmets though, not that I have seen. Gino stated earlier that there are much less than 50 running around, so I would hope they are at least still worth close to what I paid.
Things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay, just wondered if anyone knew of these changing hands, I don't hear much about them for sale so I'm thinking they are fairly rare and held onto, much like I should probably do. ;)

I think eBay is a fairly good way to get the pulse of what people are willing to pay for any given item. Unfortunately replica trooper buckets seem to be going for a lot less on eBay right lately. Heck, even SDS helmets listed at $625 are going without a bid; that's an approximate 20% price drop. Yikes.

I think your helmet would go for more than the typical helmet due to its pedigree and, not to get all Antique's Roadshow on you, I would say the helmet would probably fetch between $400 and $500.

Do you mind my asking why you want to know? Are you selling it? Insurance claim? Something else?

Cheers.
TJ

Originally posted by jeezycreezy@Jan 26 2006, 04:37 PM
I think eBay is a fairly good way to get the pulse of what people are willing to pay for any given item.  Unfortunately replica trooper buckets seem to be going for a lot less on eBay right lately.  Heck, even SDS helmets listed at $625 are going without a bid; that's an approximate 80% price drop.  Yikes.

I think your helmet would go for more than the typical helmet due to its pedigree and, not to get all Antique's Roadshow on you, I would say the helmet would probably fetch between $400 and $500.

Do you mind my asking why you want to know?  Are you selling it?  Insurance claim?  Something else?

Cheers.
TJ
[snapback]1168954[/snapback]​

I have had an offer of 650 a while ago, I was wondering if it would get any better than that but it would take alot for me to get rid of it, just curious......

Originally posted by FalconV8@Jan 26 2006, 08:47 PM
I was wondering if it would get any better than that but it would take alot for me to get rid of it

I can't say as I blame you. ;)

Originally posted by jeezycreezy@Jan 26 2006, 03:37 PM
Heck, even SDS helmets listed at $625 are going without a bid; that's an approximate 80% price drop.  Yikes.....

I thought SDS lids retailed for $800?....do you mean 20% drop?
As far as ebay being indicative of what Trooper lids are going for....most Trooper lids are not of the same pedigree so I don't think it's truly reflective. The last time I saw a set of his armor on ebay is when he listed a full armor kit himself....

Also, most people don't know the differences between the different kits/lids so if a truly special helmet came up for auction, only those in "the know" would drive the price up.....

Originally posted by KevVader+Jan 26 2006, 09:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Jan 26 2006, 09:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jeezycreezy
@Jan 26 2006, 03:37 PM
Heck, even SDS helmets listed at $625 are going without a bid; that's an approximate 80% price drop.  Yikes.....

[snapback]1168979[/snapback]​
[/b]

D'oh. Yeah. Thanks. Off to edit...

Originally posted by KevVader+Jan 26 2006, 09:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Jan 26 2006, 09:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jeezycreezy
@Jan 26 2006, 03:37 PM

As far as ebay being indicative of what Trooper lids are going for....most Trooper lids are not of the same pedigree so I don't think it's truly reflective. The last time I saw a set of his armor on ebay is when he listed a full armor kit himself....

Also, most people don't know the differences between the different kits/lids so if a truly special helmet came up for auction, only those in "the know" would drive the price up.....
[snapback]1168979[/snapback]​
[/b]

I believe this is absolutely correct. It totally depends on where you sell it and how informed your buyer is. To a typical eBayer a "Gino" helmet probably means little to nothing. But to those in the know, it means a WORLD of difference in quality and value.

I definately would put it up for sale here before Ebay.
Or at least let everyone know it is on ebay, giving everyone a chance to beat each other up with a bid war.

I sold my Gino/CRProps [finished/painted by Dave G.] on ebay, shortly before the AA/SDS helmet became available. I ended up getting $950. The helmet went to a nice guy in Spain, who was thrilled to have such an incredibly rare [yes - I'm naive enough to believe that there are actually much less than 50 of these out there] and beautiful helmet. I remember, that a number of people back then seemed to sell off their Gino/CRProps helmets, to generate funds for the AA/SDS helmets - at least, that was my reasoning to sell my Gino helmet... which a couple of months later, I very much regretted. That helmet was pretty awesome and I wish, it was still in my collection... oh, well - water under the bridge.

Would one be able to still fetch anywhere close to $900+ for a CRProps helmet today? I would think, that depends on whether you manage to find the right buyer? Quite frankly - to this day, turns out that the Gino ST helmet still ranks as one of the best ST helmet out there... maybe THE best. If you find somebody who is able to recognize the fact, that the helmet is... well, the best [maybe at par w/ a newer/nice-pull TE]... I think, you should be able to get anywhere from $650-$750+... my best guess.

Hey, last time I checked w/ TE - he was asking $850+ for a fully finished, glossy styrene helmet - so, why would a Gino helmet go for less than that these days? [Also keep in mind that the Gino does not have any decals but is completely hand-painted, etc. - no other helmet out there is fully hand-painted... well, that meatsock-guy sold a few hand-painted ones... but... they were basically TE recasts - right?]

Over the years, I haven't seen very many CRProps/Gino helmets for sale... especially ones, that were trimmed/assembled and finished by Gino and not Dave G. The Gino finished helmets are nicer and there have to be just a handfull of them out there... I've never seen or held [a fully finished] one in person - but I've seen photographs that confirm this fact... I haven't seen any Gino/CRProps for sale on ebay for a long time either...

I would just keep the helmet - it's a good one - and who knows, when you'll come across a better one? Everybody should have a ST helmet in their collection... so, might as well keep what you have and count yourself lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back