Gilligan's Island Radio

Re: Gilligan's Island Radio

Finally! This has been one of the grails of my prop collection and I'm happy to say I now have one in my collection. Just need to add the drawer pull and track down the antenna.

812964ca-d09a-4923-af15-6bc60d8ad6e0_zps0a2f5dba.jpg

Oh and the radio still works great! Even came with the cardboard tube holders for the batteries.

Finally! This has been one of the grails of my prop collection and I'm happy to say I now have one in my collection. Just need to add the drawer pull and track down the antenna.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums...a-d09a-4923-af15-6bc60d8ad6e0_zps0a2f5dba.jpg

Oh and the radio still works great! Even came with the cardboard tube holders for the batteries.

Congrats! I keep looking for a deal.
Truly the radio was like the 8th castaway. A character in itself really since it so often seemed to interact directly with the characters.

It's amazing what that model goes for these days. No such thing as a cheap one unless you catch someone sleeping. Excellent prop!

-Ry

As far as leads, unless you're scouring yard sales and Goodwill\Salvation Army shops, the only place you're likely to find one is eBay. There was a while last Spring when there were quite a few for sale on there. I think that is how I lucked out and got mine for what I consider a decent price.

It's amazing what that model goes for these days. No such thing as a cheap one unless you catch someone sleeping. Excellent prop!

-Ry
About a year ago I saw a couple sell right at around $100 on eBay and I snoozed.
A few weeks back one sold in eBay for close to $700.
I hit flea markets, garage sales, antiques shows, and thrift stores hoping that one day I will stumble on one.
It is the last piece I need to put on my Gilligan shelf.
I have been trying to dedicate one shelf unit to my favorite old shows. The Gilligan shelf. The Brady shelf. The I Dream of Jeannie shelf...
So far that radio has been dodging me though!!!

Surprised that given the Twilight Zone prop products lately that they haven't tackled this radio.

This slippery prop just keeps dodging my grasp :(
I need one of these to complete my Gilligan prop collection!!

There is one ending in an hour and a half on eBay right now.
It is a tan color, but cold easily be repainted,
but I am so broke at this time and it is up to $222.50.
Damnmnmnmnmn it!

I dont know if it was just because it wasnt the correct color or if prices are really coming down for these things, but I was shocked at how cheaply this went for. I mean its mint in box. Even though I already have a correct white one, I still bid on this. The knobs on mine arent in great shape and I would've loved to swap them out. Plus have that awesome box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OLD...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I dont know if it was just because it wasnt the correct color or if prices are really coming down for these things, but I was shocked at how cheaply this went for. I mean its mint in box. Even though I already have a correct white one, I still bid on this. The knobs on mine arent in great shape and I would've loved to swap them out. Plus have that awesome box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OLD...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There´s also another WHITE one for much less $ ;)

I havent seen one come up on any of my searches, so If you've found one, then best of luck. If you get it, please post pics.

I havent seen one come up on any of my searches, so If you've found one, then best of luck. If you get it, please post pics.

Not interested in this prop myself.

But forget what I wrote...it´s a FAKE/ REPLICA PB radio, not the real deal I saw the auction of. Sorry

Oh yeah, those. I've seen a few cardboard fakes being sold as well. Strange thing, really.

All of the "white" ones I have seen have yellowed pretty bad over time. I mean he'll, it's 50 year old plastic! So odds are pretty good no mater WHAT color you get it will still need to be repainted. I've converted a couple of these and if one wanted you can finish it to screen accurate in about a day. Incredibly easy.

No, sorry. I just put generic radio antennas on them as 99 percent of the people wouldn't know the difference. What I can tell you it's more likely than not that the correct antenna comes from a car based on the ball on the end.

I've seen handheld radios with that ball on the top. They just didn't have the correct bell shaped base. Until I find just the right antenna, I'm holding off modifying it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back